Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Navigator

I think I am going to get in touch with Samsung  my battery is even worse - the more ***** I turn off the worse my battery seems to be lol.  How does that work?! I used to get 4-6 hours of sot but now I'm at not even 3 hours.  And now all of a sudden my wifi has been spinning out of control.  I've played around with settings but nothing different really to anyone on here or XDA forums but my battery keeps getting worse.  Have reset settings and phone and cache so many times I have lost count.  Tired of this pos!

Explorer

When I first got my s10 I was just about managing 4 hours of screen on time but yesterday I reset all the settings and cleared all my caches and managed at the end of the day managed 8hr 23 minutes of screen on time. I've never had a phone last that long for me so I don't think it's a bad batch of phones. I'm on the March security update but I don't think that affected my battery life. Screenshot_20190402-032924_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190402-032929_Settings.jpg

@cara1 wrote:

I think I am going to get in touch with Samsung  my battery is even worse - the more ***** I turn off the worse my battery seems to be lol.  How does that work?! I used to get 4-6 hours of sot but now I'm at not even 3 hours.  And now all of a sudden my wifi has been spinning out of control.  I've played around with settings but nothing different really to anyone on here or XDA forums but my battery keeps getting worse.  Have reset settings and phone and cache so many times I have lost count.  Tired of this pos!

Apprentice

At full charge my phone is saying I have 13h 50mins in total...so I'm concerned. 

Explorer
For some reason, the first 10 percent of my battery drains very quickly but after that, it seems to stop. I'll report back tonight about my battery life because I'll mostly be on cellular today instead of wifi so I will wait and see if that's the problem.
Navigator

I've got the XEU model so I don't know if that makes a difference.  I am going to return on the weekend as faulty to Currys (it's been doing some other odd stuff since I got it and have been making excuses for the phone but enough is enough) and buy the BTU version from Amazon.  Those who have had better battery life seem to have the BTU version.  I have done all of the same stuff you have BorpZ with zero effect.  Have done it multiple times as well and zip.  That can't be right...

Highlighted
Explorer

March update S10 Exynos https://imgur.com/gallery/INeqrto

Received the March update yesterday. I'm in the UK and on an EE locked Exynos variant.

My battery life before wasn't as bad as other people's on here. 

So after the update yesterday morning I thought I'd see how the phone performed from a full charge.

I was at 100% at noon yesterday and it's 14:00 now and still going. I've got a SOT of over 9 hours as i write this with 8% battery left.

I've used the phone more than normal so i can test its battery. My use was a mix of the apps I use daily. From social media, news, web, shopping and dating apps. There was a little Google music and YouTube but not much.

My settings are.

Power Mode: Optimised.

Adaptive Power Saving: On.

Adaptive Battery: On.

Put Apps To Sleep: On.

Sleeping Apps: All except ones I need notifications from.

Optimised Settings: All on.

WiFi: On and connected 100% of the time.

Mobile Data: Off.

Nearby Device Scanning: Off.

Network Mode: 2G/3G (auto connect) as signal is weak here.

Adaptive Brightness: Off.

Screen Brightness: Day about 45%. Night about 30%

Night Mode: On.

Screen Resolution: FHD+

Location Improve Accuracy: Both off.

Bixby Voice: On

Google Voice: On.

Lift To Wake: Off.

AOD: Off.

Apprentice

I just got off the phone with Samsung technical help... they suggested I change the battery setting to medium power saving mode...turning off the adaptive power saving option. Trialling this for 24 hours to see how it goes. 

Navigator

What's the BTU version of the phone? If I got the phone directly from Samsung will the phone I receive be the BTU version? 

Explorer

@Curt_Interludes wrote:

What's the BTU version of the phone? If I got the phone directly from Samsung will the phone I receive be the BTU version? 

You should be getting the BTU version if purchased through Samsung direct. My s10e and s9 were BTU variant.

Troubleshooter

BTU firmware are on phones that come directly from Samsung (unbranded)
XEU firmware are on Sim Free handsets that are generic (unbranded) but not from Samsung

Top Liked Authors