Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-order delivery date CHANGED!

(Topic created on: 18-03-2019 10:47 PM)
bwestwood
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else has experience this too? I have placed my order about a week ago under the pretence by order would ship on the 7th ready for delivery to me on the 8th.

I have called customer services tofay and they have told me that my order is now in 'Batch 2' and will now ship on the 21st March.

I ordered the 10+ 128GB in Prism Black.

I was told that the only devices now that would ship on the 7th are the Ceramic Black and White.

Anyone else preorder thinking it would arrive on launch day and now been told it will be much later?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I have just checked my order. I placed it very early after public release on 22nd Feb... and it is also for a prisma black S10 plus.

My order tracking still states shipping on 7th March.

Kind regards
Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
bwestwood
Pioneer
Options

@smiley wrote:
I have just checked my order. I placed it very early after public release on 22nd Feb... and it is also for a prisma black S10 plus.

My order tracking still states shipping on 7th March.

Kind regards
Smiley

Thanks Smiley.

I placed my order on the 27th. I was told it was now in the second batch but it seems odd that it allowed me to preorder with the advertised delivery date of the 7th (email confirmed this) but now they have changed it.

Haven't had a Samsung for many years, is this normal procedure with Samsung pre orders?

I would have thought they could keep their website and stock levels updated.

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I have not had any problems before myself.

However I expect it has been mayhem since public release and orders likely are prioritised based on order date. I guess if they cannot meet demand on the first shipment batch then your scenario may occur. However I would also be upset if they quoted a date and then changed this later on.

I hope mine ships on time... I am going on holiday for three weeks next wednesday to Thailand and hoping to have my new phone in hand to give the camera and phone a good test ! 😉
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
bwestwood
Pioneer
Options

@smiley wrote:
I have not had any problems before myself.

However I expect it has been mayhem since public release and orders likely are prioritised based on order date. I guess if they cannot meet demand on the first shipment batch then your scenario may occur. However I would also be upset if they quoted a date and then changed this later on.

I hope mine ships on time... I am going on holiday for three weeks next wednesday to Thailand and hoping to have my new phone in hand to give the camera and phone a good test ! 😉

I hope you get your phone on time too Smiley!

Have a great holiday! 

Beany
Pioneer
Options

If you brought yours the 1st week of pre order you’ll receive on the 8th the 2nd week will be 14th according to Samsung this morning 

0 Likes
bwestwood
Pioneer
Options

@Beany wrote:

If you brought yours the 1st week of pre order you’ll receive on the 8th the 2nd week will be 14th according to Samsung this morning 

Thanks for the reply Beany. I bought mine on the 27th so technically could be the first or second week as think it launched the 20th.. 

Still abit annoying that they stated the 7th when I placed the order but then changed it to some time after. Being brought forward to the 14th could be a bonus.

0 Likes
Top7
First Poster
Options

It's been 16 days since I preordered and I am still waiting. Not gonna buy preorder anymore,this is the first and the last.THANK YOU SAMSUNG

0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options

@bwestwood wrote:

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else has experience this too? I have placed my order about a week ago under the pretence by order would ship on the 7th ready for delivery to me on the 8th.

I have called customer services tofay and they have told me that my order is now in 'Batch 2' and will now ship on the 21st March.

I was told that the only devices now that would ship on the 7th are the Ceramic Black and White.

Anyone else preorder thinking it would arrive on launch day and now been told it will be much later?

@bwestwood Don't know if you've recieved your device yet.

Samsung quoted 21st March for mine to ship (22nd for delivery) after pre-ordering at end of week 1 but just received DPD notification that it was shipped this evening. Hopefully Samsung getting act together and fulfilling pre orders.

0 Likes
bwestwood
Pioneer
Options

@Richmar83 wrote:

@bwestwood wrote:

Hi all,

@bwestwood Don't know if you've recieved your device yet.

Samsung quoted 21st March for mine to ship (22nd for delivery) after pre-ordering at end of week 1 but just received DPD notification that it was shipped this evening. Hopefully Samsung getting act together and fulfilling pre orders.

Hi mate. Yeah I got mine on the 8th. I managed.to squeeze into Batch 1 and it arrived as it should of when I ordered. Do let us know when yours lands buddy.

0 Likes