Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification LED

(Topic created on: 28-03-2019 06:57 PM)
Danr31
Student
Options

Hi all,

I can't be the only one missing the notification LED - edge lighting with the screen off is flaky and always on display doesn't grab your attention the same way.

Is there any way to put in a feature request for a notification LED-type ring round the camera when the screen is off? I think the sort of animation that shows when you switch to the front camera would be great in place of a real LED!

10 REPLIES 10
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

Think it must be the most requested feature since release, it's odd it was never included, however, there are rumours is coming in a future update.

Fudgy31
Pathfinder
Options

I dont have the notification like i had on my S9+ but now I get this thing that runs roud my front camera, Its pretty neat and really does grab my attention.

0 Likes
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options
0 Likes
DanielJLMiller
Pathfinder
Options

@KillYourIdols wrote:

Think it must be the most requested feature since release, it's odd it was never included, however, there are rumours is coming in a future update.

Im sure the other link you just posted will be the offical fix for this at some point. Not sure why it wasnt included as standard its a neat little effect.

KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

@DanielJLMiller wrote:

@KillYourIdols wrote:

Im sure the other link you just posted will be the offical fix for this at some point. Not sure why it wasnt included as standard its a neat little effect.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No idea. Sure they have their reasons, but its not at all apparent what. Battery Usage/Pixel Burn in maybe? Can't see either being an issue though.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I must be the only one that's glad the led has gone, I no longer have to be distracted by it

When I had I couldn't resist having it on but secretly wished it wasn't available
0 Likes
Dobeater
First Poster
Options

Yes pls Samsung guys need to come up with an update with led notification. I miss this feature very much. I hope they can hear us. I have the S10 plus

Hackett
Voyager
Options

I cant believe they have not sorted this out yet. Come on Samsung. 

Solution
Hackett
Voyager
Options

Try an app called holey light mate that will give you notifications using the camera light in the off screen