Support

Open search

Galaxy s10 front camera too zoomed in

First Poster

Another galaxy s10+ buyer here. I hope they fix this soon... it is super annoying

Navigator

Make sure you have selected the correct ratio.  Looks to be an issue if using the camera from a third party app like WhatsApp then c'est la vie - take the photo with the normal cam and then send. I don't use the camera function in other apps so this doesn't concern me so much  

Apprentice

Phone just updated.... Did nothing for all the mentioned camera issues. I think I am switching back to my s8+ for the time being 

I have the S9 and this happened to me with the most recent update. I'm furious about it! I love playing with the Snapchat filters....  That's gone for now until they push a fix, which I doubt they do.

Apprentice

On Samsung galaxy s9, you can install the previous version of the firmware and fix this problem, but on Samsung galaxy s10 this problem can not be fixed.

Highlighted
First Poster

Same here, bought S10+, having camera issues in various apps. Waiting for the hotfix.

Apprentice
But there's no option for us in snapchat, instagram or the other application for zoom out.
Apprentice

I wish I followed my gut and returned the phone while I had the option. So many problems and issues and Samsung says NOTHING. So many posts and threads pleading for help with multiple issues! This phone was too expensive for this *****. This has ruined my 10+ year relationship with Samsung 

Apprentice
I already contact them, but they said that, "that's the new concept from samsung, so if you don't mind you can contact every app developer to adjust their app with our concept."

Oh God, im disappointed!
Apprentice

I sent a request via email to developers of Whatsapp, Skype, Snapchat, Instagram, Viber to solve the problem with the front camera. Most developers ignored my request. Some responded that their applications use standard phone camera access methods and do not have the ability to fix the problem with the very zoomed picture from the front camera. I demand that Samsung fix the problem with the very zoomed picture from the front camera because the developers of third-party applications can not fix this problem.

Top Liked Authors