Anyone know if this model has dual sim 

SM-G975FZKDBTU thanks

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

@Fudgy31 wrote:

@Colin19  Colin?  Is there a way I can make use of the 2 sim sloys and the memory slot at all?  I cant believe I have to sacrifice the Micro SD Card for a second SIM?

Nope one or the other. 

0 Likes
budgiesmuggler
Journeyman
Options

Up until the S8, you could get an extension kit where you can put in two sim cards and the microSD card into the hybrid slot, it meant your second sim card was hanging outside the phone however and for mine, it was between the phone and the case and it meant when I traveled to another country, I could easily swap the second sim without needing to access the tray. They have since programed the phones to stop this from being allowed now which is a shame. 

The alternative was to physically remove the chip from the microSD and combine it with the second sim so that they both sat in the phone together, this however meant chopping up your microSD for this purpose. Whilst this worked in a similar way to the above, this is also no longer allowed. 

When trying either methods now, you just get a message saying there is something unidentified in the sim tray. 

0 Likes
Fudgy31
Pathfinder
Options

I have a device coming that will allow me to use 2 sims and an MicroSD card together - keep you all posted

0 Likes
budgiesmuggler
Journeyman
Options

So do I, however when the phone detects two sims AND a memory card all at the same time, it will throw up an error message saying to check the sim card tray rendering it useless until you remove either a sim card or memory card. 

0 Likes
Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

@Fudgy31 wrote:

I have a device coming that will allow me to use 2 sims and an MicroSD card together - keep you all posted

Ohhhh @Fudgy31  what are you getting??? Do you get a free sonos with this?? 

bazzz
Pathfinder
Options

@Colin19 wrote:

@Fudgy31 wrote:

Well we are due a new @Fudgy31 thread;))

Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options

@bazzz wrote:

@Colin19 wrote:

@Fudgy31 wrote:

Well we are due a new @Fudgy31 thread;))

@Fudgy31 for PM :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Gak
First Poster
Options

dual sim + card extender  in simore site

0 Likes
Gak
First Poster
Options

look at simore site web

0 Likes
Neymet
First Poster
Options

@Gak wrote:

dual sim + card extender  in simore site

the extender do exist, the question is if the phone will actually read both sims and the sd card at the same time, it is a software issue, not a "physical" issue

0 Likes