Support

Open search

Battery of Snapdragon v Exynos

Explorer

More proof that Samsung stiffed users of the Exynos variant https://youtu.be/shrYnaxVenE

9 REPLIES 9
Explorer

We all know the exynos is trash, but Samsung have no choice but to sell Qualcomm's chips in north America. They can use their own SoC in every other country and save themselves a few bucks from snapdragon licensing n every phone they sell. It's a scummy move and the consumers are paying for it. Probably wont be buying a Samsung next time. Lots of cheaper phones using the 855 so why doesnt one of the most reputable names in smartphones? 

Current Phone: Galaxy S10 128GB Exynos SoC | Model SM-G973F
Apprentice

I have bought an s10+, UK so the exynos variant. So i am unable to gain more than 4.30 hours of screen time any day since I bought the mobile around 40 days before.

Completely ridiculous as the snapdragon version in the US seems to be giving screen times of nearly 9 hours which is almost double than what the exynos chip is capable of currently.

And given the wear and tear for the money spent this phone sure wont last an year with this limit of the battery and we will have to empty out our pockets to get the battery replaced. 

Such a pain in the back. I don't think this can be fixed with a software update as this clearly is a hardware limitation.

Samsung should just shut up and accept it and give the affected customers atleast some sort of compensation, or simply provide them the snapdragon variant. And just for info, I have been running my device on all possible optimizations available and 1080p resolution. 4.30 hours is the best the exynos variant can return. 

Apprentice

@Arshaa wrote:

I have bought an s10+, UK so the exynos variant. So i am unable to gain more than 4.30 hours of screen time any day since I bought the mobile around 40 days before.

Completely ridiculous as the snapdragon version in the US seems to be giving screen times of nearly 9 hours which is almost double than what the exynos chip is capable of currently.

And given the wear and tear for the money spent this phone sure wont last an year with this limit of the battery and we will have to empty out our pockets to get the battery replaced. 

Such a pain in the back. I don't think this can be fixed with a software update as this clearly is a hardware limitation.

Samsung should just shut up and accept it and give the affected customers atleast some sort of compensation, or simply provide them the snapdragon variant. And just for info, I have been running my device on all possible optimizations available and 1080p resolution. 4.30 hours is the best the exynos variant can return. 

Well you must have a faulty device because I'm getting between 7 and 9 hours on my exynos.

Explorer

Something is definitely up with your device. 

I can get over 9 hours SOT with the standard S10.

Here are my stats from a month ago. 

March update S10 Exynos https://imgur.com/gallery/INeqrto

Apprentice
True, but this has been a very common complaint with the S10 brand users with exynos chipset. If you are able to receive such lifetime, probably you have the blessings of the almighty and we people don't :(
#FromADeeplyEmptyPocketedUnhappyS10+Customer :(
Highlighted
Explorer
I too had the bug where my device wouldn't go into deep sleep. This was confirmed with the use of CPUSpy
The Match update eliminated it. I didn't even need to do a factory reset or a clearing of the cache partition.
In deep sleep now I lose .5%of battery per hour. Before the update I was losing 1%/2% an hour.
Navigator

@Ade65 wrote:

Something is definitely up with your device. 

I can get over 9 hours SOT with the standard S10.

Here are my stats from a month ago. 

March update S10 Exynos https://imgur.com/gallery/INeqrto

HOW IN THE EFF?!?!?!?!?!  

Apprentice

Excellent SOT. For you.

mines https://imgur.com/TKdtlgO

Explorer
On my s10e btu uk model I'm getting between 6 and 7 hours sot everytime, I don't use battery saving until the pre set 15% trigger activates it
Top Liked Authors