Support

Open search

Awful Customer Service | s10+ Awful Phone

Apprentice

So I purchased the S10+ as a replacement for my S9+ but I'll say it is the biggest mistake ever. Apart from the known issue with the battery drain, mine just crashes and freezes incessantly. I have had to do a hard reset couple of times. The last time I experienced such poor quality was with my old SPV phones way back. Even the Honor phone my daughter uses isn't as poor as this and that's saying something.

I finally had enough and demanded a replacement. At the early stages, Samsung online Store department tried to say I was out statutory period. That was laughable! Eventually, they agreed to replace it but that I should send it back to them first and after seven days, they'll send me a new one.  The problem with that is, I only have one phone (the S10+ which is a dual sim, one for business and the other for private calls). I told them it wasn't happening. I suggested taking it to one of the Samsung shops in London to swap, they said that the shops are a different company! Finally, someone promised to do a doorstep swap and put this in writing. This was last week Sunday. He said he'll need to speak to a manager to have it signed off and that someone would get back to me on the following Tuesday (last week Tuesday). I waited all day and when no call or email came by 4 pm, I called them. 

This was another big mistake. I had the phone hung up on me three times because I insisted they honour what has been written and promised to me, one staff asked me to go borrow a computer from a friend or family to transfer my data. I was on the phone every hour until about 10 PM because they kept promising to call back and never did. This went on right until Friday.

On Wednesday, I called the UK based Customer Resolution Team and they also tried to get Samsung Store to contact me. Even their CEO got involved after I wrote to him but they still refused and did not. It makes me wonder what sort of a company Samsung is when low-level customer services people refuse direct orders from their CEO? 

Below is an email from a staff of the Customer Resolution centre:

Hi Victor,

Unfortunately, I cannot say I am surprised by this. I have again contacted the Samsung Shop this morning looking for answers as to why they continue to break promises to call you back. The answer I received was as expected, that a manager will be calling you back today.

I appreciate this is not the standard of customer service you would expect from Samsung, and I am doing everything I can to get this resolved for you.

As this a Samsung Shop complaint however, I'm limited to what I can do other than continually chase them on your behalf.

Case Handler l Samsung Customer Solutions

CAPITA l Customer Management

I have omitted the staffs' name to protect his Identity.

Now I don't know if it is a cultural thing, although I was told that the CEO forwarded my email to this Samsung Store team which is based in the Philippines,  he neither acknowledged nor replied directly to my two emails. This will never happen with a British CEO. Samsung has a thing or two to learn about Customer Services.

Should they refuse to swap this phone, I promise to deploy all arsenal at my disposal to ensure maximum publicity within the UK.

11 REPLIES 11
Apprentice

I can see you've decided to repost it after designating it as spam! Well done Samsung. 

Highlighted
CarlH Moderator

Hi @HisAwesomeness . If you quickly edit a post after posting it, it will automatically be classed as 'spam'. 

Apprentice

How quickly is quick? 10, 20, 30 minutes? 

Troubleshooter

@HisAwesomeness wrote:

So I purchased the S10+ as a replacement for my S9+ but I'll say it is the biggest mistake ever. Apart from the known issue with the battery drain, mine just crashes and freezes incessantly. I have had to do a hard reset couple of times. The last time I experienced such poor quality was with my old SPV phones way back. Even the Honor phone my daughter uses isn't as poor as this and that's saying something.

I finally had enough and demanded a replacement. At the early stages, Samsung online Store department tried to say I was out statutory period. That was laughable! Eventually, they agreed to replace it but that I should send it back to them first and after seven days, they'll send me a new one.  The problem with that is, I only have one phone (the S10+ which is a dual sim, one for business and the other for private calls). I told them it wasn't happening. I suggested taking it to one of the Samsung shops in London to swap, they said that the shops are a different company! Finally, someone promised to do a doorstep swap and put this in writing. This was last week Sunday. He said he'll need to speak to a manager to have it signed off and that someone would get back to me on the following Tuesday (last week Tuesday). I waited all day and when no call or email came by 4 pm, I called them. 

This was another big mistake. I had the phone hung up on me three times because I insisted they honour what has been written and promised to me, one staff asked me to go borrow a computer from a friend or family to transfer my data. I was on the phone every hour until about 10 PM because they kept promising to call back and never did. This went on right until Friday.

On Wednesday, I called the UK based Customer Resolution Team and they also tried to get Samsung Store to contact me. Even their CEO got involved after I wrote to him but they still refused and did not. It makes me wonder what sort of a company Samsung is when low-level customer services people refuse direct orders from their CEO? 

Below is an email from a staff of the Customer Resolution centre:

Hi Victor,

Unfortunately, I cannot say I am surprised by this. I have again contacted the Samsung Shop this morning looking for answers as to why they continue to break promises to call you back. The answer I received was as expected, that a manager will be calling you back today.

I appreciate this is not the standard of customer service you would expect from Samsung, and I am doing everything I can to get this resolved for you.

As this a Samsung Shop complaint however, I'm limited to what I can do other than continually chase them on your behalf.

Case Handler l Samsung Customer Solutions

CAPITA l Customer Management

I have omitted the staffs' name to protect his Identity.

Now I don't know if it is a cultural thing, although I was told that the CEO forwarded my email to this Samsung Store team which is based in the Philippines,  he neither acknowledged nor replied directly to my two emails. This will never happen with a British CEO. Samsung has a thing or two to learn about Customer Services.

Should they refuse to swap this phone, I promise to deploy all arsenal at my disposal to ensure maximum publicity within the UK.

You have your rights under consumer law, ie not fit for purpose.

Troubleshooter
Superuser I
Superuser I

I can understand the frustration you must be feeling with all of this @HisAwesomeness   :(

A Samsung Experience Store has a different pool of stock so as far as I'm aware cannot allocate a phone to your order.

The same way if a person say orders a phone from Vodafone via online and cannot just then pop into a Vodafone Highstreet Store and ask for one to be allocated to their online order.

It's from a different pool of stock.

That said a Samsung Experience Store can perform a firmware reset which may or may not remedy the problem.

I once had a similar issue and by putting my phone in Safe Mode which disables the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working showed it was a downloaded app that was causing conflict.

If this is not the case with your phone then Samsung should swap it out as long as a person is within the remit of the Terms and conditions to have it swapped out i.e. cooling off period etc or after that a repair. 

This also may help >   Consumer Rights Act 2015

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

UPDATE

So I received a call from a "Tina" at Samsung Store (Philippines call centre) last week Thursday. She said that they were instructed to contact me by their CEO (the instruction was actually given over a week before the call!) contact me in order to resolve the issue.

I asked what they were offering? Their offer, in a nutshell, was, "nothing." I gave Tina several options as to how we can resolve this issue and she promised (as they always do) to consult with her manager and call me back the same day. That was a week ago and still no callback.

So, almost a month after I first contacted Samsung with my complaint, I am still being forced by Samsung to continue to hang on to a phone that is not fit for purpose. 

Samsung is showing the world how not to do customer service and in the process breaking  both UK and European law. 

Apprentice

UPDATE

Apprentice

UPDATE

Jay from Samsung called me on Wednesday to say that they will be arranging a doorstep swap as had been promised almost a month ago. This was the same Jay that I had spoken to two weeks prior and he had promised to call me back but never did. I asked him why but he didn't have any reason.

Anyways, he told me that they would bring a new phone and wait for me to transfer my data over to the new phone. I said fine and asked him to send an email confirmation. Please see below.

Jay (Samsung Shop)

Apr 10, 15:11 BST

Hi........,

I trust that you are well. 

Thank you for taking my call earlier. As we discussed, we will arrange a doorswap replacement for your order UK19xx22-xxxxxxx to take place by Friday, 12th of April. with notes to allow you to transfer all the data from the old phone to the new one before exchanging. Our collecting courier DPD will notify you prior to arrival.

Kind regards,

Jay
Samsung Shop Support Team
0330 SAMSHOP (726 7467)
Monday to Sunday | 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

I started getting concerned about this promise when the following day I got 4 emails from Samsung with different directions as to what to do. One instructed me not to hand over the phone but await a new returns envelope that would be sent to me and another asked me to have the phone ready for the driver.

Well, the driver arrived at about 40 minutes ago. I opened the door and asked him if he was informed he had to wait for me to transfer my data over. No surprises, he had not been told and was expecting a straight up swap. Well, I couldn't do that and neither could he wait. He even showed me his next job was booked for 3 minutes after mine (mine was 12:57 his next delivery was 1 O'clock!). 

So, once again and without any surprise, Samsung has wasted my time yet again. As the driver could not wait and it was impossible for me to give him the phone with all my info in situ, I had no choice but to decline the delivery.

I have been holding waiting to speak with Samsung since then - almost 20 minutes this far.

Dear Samsung, as you have not replied or acknowledged my information access request I made almost 3 weeks ago, I am doing it again. Please note that under GDPR, you have 30 days. I am yet again requesting all phone calls, emails and every single data, recordings, internal memo, etc partaining to this order.

Thank you.

Top Liked Authors