Support

Open search

who got the april update for s10 series

Apprentice

Most of Europe has it. UK is always one of the last countries to receive updates and Samsung never explains why.

Explorer

@DaveA1 wrote:

Most of Europe has it. UK is always one of the last countries to receive updates and Samsung never explains why.

They're very slow with updates. Seems like android always has been. Coming from an iPhone 7 that has been supported ever since it was released, and looking at apple's track record, it will continue be supported for at least another 2 years. Samsung and most other android phone companies drop support to very little after a year or 2, and on top of the already poor support it looks so bad for android. 

Current Phone: Galaxy S10 128GB Exynos SoC | Model SM-G973F
Explorer

Not got my April update yet - 11.00am Sat 27 April UK

S10 512GB Model SM-G973F UK

Navigator

Same here. I too am in the UK and have an unlocked phone.  I've been reading that the April update is supposed to increase battery life quite significantly 

First Poster

Same here in UK on three.uk .

Highlighted
Explorer

If the April update increases battery life "quite significantly", I don't mind waiting a bit longer! πŸ˜€ 

Superuser I
Superuser I

@cara1 wrote:

Same here. I too am in the UK and have an unlocked phone.  I've been reading that the April update is supposed to increase battery life quite significantly 

Can you add a link to where you've read the April Security Update improves the battery performance please @cara1 

Update  > I've just read the SAMMobile piece that says the update " seems" to improve battery performance. 

Happy days if it does.   

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator

Yep that's the one. Seen a Reddit thread as well.  Will check out XDA too 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Cool.

My advice is to concentrate on what the security Patch brings and not what's reported to be seemingly the case with battery performance improvements tech sites and blogs are suggesting however.

Battery output / performance is a subjective topic as we all set up our phones differently and use different apps etc.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

you are correct, these monthly security updates are just that, security updates.  Any other updates included will be to correct minor glitches.

I don't have a problem with battery life on my S10, and I didn't with my previous S9.  I think the Galaxy S9 and S10 batteries are as good as you can get if you treat them correctly.  If anyone has a problem with battery life I suggest they read some of the many threads in different forums, but starting with Samsung's own advice:

Good luck!

Top Liked Authors