Support

Open search

samsung s10 auto brightness not working good

Highlighted

Hi all. 

Just a quick reminder to any folks experiencing the auto-brightness issue: please send error reports with log files and as much relevant info (e.g. the brightness is too dark or bright for you) via the Members app immediately/as soon as after you've noticed the issue. 

Members app > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

Cheers! 

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted
Navigator

if the auto is on is should work ..but is not 

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

I 've had S10 for around 3 months and had issue with adaptive brightness for first time today,  brightness was pretty low earlier today.   I've had  a look at this thread and reset the Adaptive Brightness, so will see how it goes.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Having forwarded my error report to the Bugs Department,  I was informed that the issue will be resolved in an upcoming software update.  Need to see,  in my case it has been a bit better lately but still issue at times.

Highlighted
Navigator

hope they will fix it 

Highlighted

I'm having the issue. 

When I toggle adaptive brightness off/on it changes to the correct level of brightness for the ambient light, but even though it knows what to change it to (as it immediately changes when the toggle is toggled) it doesn't actually change if the setting is just on.

This CANNOT be a learning thing as it doesn't change AT ALL while active,  meaning it will either burn out the screen quickly or be too dim to see,  in a variety odd situations and I'm 100% sure this is not by design,  no one would design an algorithm this way 

Navigator

even in andoird 10 is not fixed but hope they will release a fix on this issue 

Top Liked Authors