Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Media volume sync" option missing after update

(Topic created on: 20-01-2020 05:48 PM)
Adonyx
Journeyman
Options

As of today I can no longer control volume on my Bluetooth headset separately from the phone. Now the volume is too high on the lowest setting. Prior to today under advanced in the Bluetooth settings there was an option to toggle media volume sync but it is gone now. Before anyone suggests using developer mode to disable absolute volume, that does nothing.

97 REPLIES 97
Hasan_k
Apprentice
Options

A workaround to this is to install the sound assistant app by samsung, and then lowering the volume by using the seperate volumes for apps. Better this than hearing damage. I am on android 10, and still can't find a fix 

BixbyNoGood
Pioneer
Options

Not an option as Samsung does not do software well.  Not installing Samsung software to fix something Samsung messed up in an update.

Makes no sense.

0 Likes
the_epic_prisma
Student
Options
Ty (:
0 Likes
Sh27
First Poster
Options

I am deaf in one ear, I use my only working ear to listen. I think samsung has killed that one too. I am using your solution. Thank you for saving the rest of my hearing. My good ears literally hurts from all the sudden loud blast from Samsungs update. This is Injurious to your hearing, I dont know why would they do this to their customers?

0 Likes
Sae
First Poster
Options

oh my! thank you so much! I've been struggling with this and couldnt find any solution. I was so sad bc the sound quality was bad... but yeah thank you! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
MRuddick
First Poster
Options

When this works as you expect it to, what do you see?  Do you see one volume control for the bluetooth device, and a separate (second) volume control for (something else)?

I have been playing with this 'disable absolute volume' to see if it lets me get more volume out of my Samsung Buds.  I use an EQ, which lowers overal the sound level, presumably to ensure that EQ settings don't create distortion.  But it seems like the overall sound level could still be higher and not introduce clipping/distortion.  I wondered if this 'disable absolute volume' stuff might give me something useful.

But, thus far, I only ever see one volume control for my Samsung Bugs, and it's denoted with the bluetooth logo.

In one form (ie. enabling the 'disable absolutely volume' toggle), the overall volume that can be attained is lower.

And in the other form (ie. disabling the 'disable absolute volume' toggle), the overall volume that can be attained is higher.

But in neither case could I find a new/additional volume slider.

Thanks!

-Mike

0 Likes
Snapshotstacy
Apprentice
Options

For me, I'm able to adjust the volume on both the phone & on my headphones. It gives me an almost "dynamic" control. I set the phone to one level and can additionally adjust the headphones up & down with its toggle.
To get more volume, turn the phone (bluetooth) volume up & then adjust volume higher on the buds themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------

When this works as you expect it to, what do you see?  Do you see one volume control for the bluetooth device, and a separate (second) volume control for (something else)?

I have been playing with this 'disable absolute volume' to see if it lets me get more volume out of my Samsung Buds.  I use an EQ, which lowers overal the sound level, presumably to ensure that EQ settings don't create distortion.  But it seems like the overall sound level could still be higher and not introduce clipping/distortion.  I wondered if this 'disable absolute volume' stuff might give me something useful.

But, thus far, I only ever see one volume control for my Samsung Bugs, and it's denoted with the bluetooth logo.

In one form (ie. enabling the 'disable absolutely volume' toggle), the overall volume that can be attained is lower.

And in the other form (ie. disabling the 'disable absolute volume' toggle), the overall volume that can be attained is higher.

Thanks!

-Mike

0 Likes
MRuddick
First Poster
Options

@Snapshotstacy wrote:

For me, I'm able to adjust the volume on both the phone & on my headphones. It gives me an almost "dynamic" control. I set the phone to one level and can additionally adjust the headphones up & down with its toggle.
To get more volume, turn the phone (bluetooth) volume up & then adjust volume higher on the buds themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

-Mike

Ohhhhhhh!  <slap my forehead>.  Now I get it.  Thank you!

Turns out that my goal of trying to achieve higher overall volume, however, did not pan out.  I could indeed control the earbuds' volume independently from the phone volume, but when both are maxed, it's the same loudness as when their volume controls are combined.  Oh well.

Risking a post where it doesn't belong, I wonder if there is some way to control the EQ gain control directly?  I am using the built in Samsung EQ.

Thanks for what now seems obvoius regarding the independent volume control.

-Mike

0 Likes
Good_Dayz
Student
Options
Thank you very much!!
-Blessings
0 Likes
Spiggie
First Poster
Options

Not helpful at all. What you suggested is not a solution does not produce the results desired it's not a workaround

0 Likes