Support

Open search

huge beams when i shoot sunsets or bright lightsources

Observer

My camera does inexplicable glaring and huge beams in the frame when i try to take a photo of a sunset or a lightbulb or anything with a bright lightsource in the frame.I tried with a service point that told me everything was ok and everytime i should wipe the lens cover with a dry cloth to avoid that (!!!) I find it unacceptable that a simple touch in everyday use on the lens cover will spoil the image quality that hard and i am very dissapointed.. 

Also if i wipe the lens cover vertically or horizontally to clean it with my finger the beam efecte changes accordingly to vertical or horizontal. If i just press lighlty the lens cover (with the same finger) it fixes. I havent had an experience like that ever before and comparing to a friend's s9+ my s10e's photos looked terrible.. please help me because the service point's suggestion sounded crazy..

20190817_214412.jpg20190817_194155.jpg20190817_194116.jpg20190817_194307.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Explorer
If you touch lens with your oily fingers, that's what happens. The same thing happens with every phone lens, even iPhone
Don't clean leans with just a finger. Use a clean shirt or special cloth and problem solved.
Top Liked Authors