Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

existing Samsung Upgrade Program Customer? No free buds for you!!!

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 05:56 PM)
James0550
First Poster
Options

Little disappointed to see that Samsung isn't offering free buds to existing and loyal customer......just the new ones.  Shame on you Samsung 😞

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi guys.

I've received official confirmation that both new and existing Upgrade Programme customers that meet the eligibility criteria will be able to claim for the free Galaxy Earbuds.

Claims will need to be made via redemption and won't be included in the order.

View solution in context

27 REPLIES 27
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
It shouldn't matter if you trade in your phone - It only matters if you buy a new phone as either a new or an old costumer. Where did you get that information if I might ask?
0 Likes
James0550
First Poster
Options

You would have thought, but according to Samsung chat agent, the free upgrades are only being offerred to "new" customers, not those upgrading annually via the Upgrade Program!

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Very strange if you ask me. I actually did participate to offers multiple times without issues (Even though I'm not a part of the upgrade programme).

Usually the process requires you to insert your IMEI number, proof of purchase etc with the correct date. As long you got that I would be surprised if its not accepted.

I would just give it a shot though Samsung Members when the time comes :winking-face:

0 Likes
James0550
First Poster
Options

Strange, yes.  Dissappointing...definitely! 😞

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Honestly, if the agent is correct I kinda agree with you on that, I would however recommend you to give it a try :smiling-face: I mean, what do you have to lose :winking-face:
0 Likes
Lembo
Navigator
Options
Could someone confirm who just Pre-ordered that it shows up on their Order Confirmation email?
0 Likes
Astrates
Pioneer
Options

I've checked the email conrfirmation on my order and my Fiance's and there's no mention of the Buds on either.

I upgraded through the program and she ordered as a new customer. She definitely had it as an option when adding to the basket but doesn't appear on emailed confirmation.

0 Likes
Bamby2291
Journeyman
Options

Samsung will have to give you the earbuds as you have signed a new contract  and paid the same price as a new customer 

0 Likes
Bamby2291
Journeyman
Options

There must be someone from Samsung to give us a correct answer to find out if you on the upgrade program you will still get the earbuds 

As at the end of the day when you do upgrade you have to go into a new contract and you still pay the same for the phone as new customers 

Come on Samsung give us a answer 

0 Likes