Support

Open search

Wifi problem on s10+

Highlighted
First Poster

It's terrible. Everyone who has it really needs to spread the word so if it's a software issue Samsung can advise or update! Good thing I went for a higher data package than my last one!

Highlighted
Pathfinder

so did i but i get the same issue on mobile data too,  that one i aint even mentioned yet.  Bluetooth dont connect to my car properly either.  so frustrating.  ever since the new OS I reckon

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Been speaking to Samsung and they said speak to Vodafone,  Vodafone are sending me a replacement phone tomorrow.  hopefully it wont have wifi issues.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,

I had similar issues with my Virgin Media hub. I had to separate the 2 SSIDs for the 2.4Ghz and the 5 Ghz so they show as two separate networks. Otherwise my S10 plus was constantly connecting and disconnecting.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

its ok the phone is being replaced tomorrow by wonderful vodafone

Highlighted
Apprentice

@jamiegrice wrote:

Hi,

I had similar issues with my Virgin Media hub. I had to separate the 2 SSIDs for the 2.4Ghz and the 5 Ghz so they show as two separate networks. Otherwise my S10 plus was constantly connecting and disconnecting.

Hope this helps.

Is it the hub3.0? If so how do you separate them? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Apprentice
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/only-can-access-wireless-connection-on-gues...

Basically if you download the Virgin Media Connect app, you can access the Hub settings where you can alter the names of the different bands.
Highlighted
First Poster

I found the cause of my wifi issue, apparently I had setup a proxy service on my previous phone that was transferred over along with the WiFi settings.

This setup worked fine on my previous Huawei phone but caused intermittent WiFi issues on the S10+. After removing the proxy the WiFi works perfectly without interruptions.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I contacted Samsung and we went step by step until wiping the cache partition. 

The steps are as follows:

Clear the cache partition on your device.

1. Turn your device off, if it isn't off already.
2. Once the device is off, hold the volume uppowerand the Bixby buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Keep holding the buttons until you see a Samsung Logo.
3. Using the volume down button, scroll down to wipe cache partition.
4. Press the power button.

For now this seems to have solved my problem with wifi. 

Let me know if it helps you or if it doesn't.

Highlighted
Apprentice

@Funkle wrote:

I contacted Samsung and we went step by step until wiping the cache partition. 

The steps are as follows:

Clear the cache partition on your device.

1. Turn your device off, if it isn't off already.
2. Once the device is off, hold the volume uppowerand the Bixby buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Keep holding the buttons until you see a Samsung Logo.
3. Using the volume down button, scroll down to wipe cache partition.
4. Press the power button.

For now this seems to have solved my problem with wifi. 

Let me know if it helps you or if it doesn't.

Ignore this, it didn't work in the end. 

Top Liked Authors