Support

Open search

Wifi problem on s10+

Apprentice

@WelshPaul wrote:

So after playing around with the WiFi settings on my S10 plus I think I have resolved my WiFi issues (a big I think so). 

I basically disabled all the bloatware options within the Advanced menu as shown in the two images below:

Screenshot_20190814-163604_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190814-163621_Settings.jpg

As you can see in both screenshots that i'm now getting full WiFi signal and everything seems to be ok the past 3 hours or so. Maybe it was just pot luck that it sorted itself out after disabling those options, who knows but time will tell I guess!

Did this help really?  Is this still working for you. 

Apprentice

I got my phone at launch and was fine till about a week back. Now all of a sudden I am having these wifi issues.  Have tried all of the usual stuff including master reset, nothing seems to be working. Any latest updates on this issue 

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi, Since my last post above, I have also disabled the "turn wifi on automatically" and deleted all previously stored wifi networks and have been using solely my 2.4ghz home wifi... No more wifi dropping at least but the s10 plus is definitely weaker when it comes to overall signal strength! I'm still seeing the WiFi signal dropping from full to half to full to half to full but WiFi isn't being dropped now. I have noticed that when watching YouTube videos via my phone WiFi (Virgin Media 200MB) on my S10 the quality is always defaulting to auto(460), I have to manually select 1080p which is annoying!

Like you, my phone appeared to work fine when purchased and then a week later I woke up one morning and it wouldn't find any WiFi networks. When it did, it was very weak and kept losing it! There is so much bloat within Samsungs WiFi options it's unreal! I just want to connect to a WiFi network and have it drop only when there is no WiFi signal! I don't want a phone to decide when my WiFi signal is ok to use or not. 

My first ever Samsung and I doubt at this point i'd ever buy another one.

Observer

Yes I'm having this exact issue. All my other devices are fine but my Samsung S10 doesn't download pages fully or just stops streaming spotify mid song. It's getting very frustrating. More so cos I'm about to go travelling and wifi will be my life line.

First Poster

I just got my S10e yesterday and I'm having the same issue at home. I have only 5GHz AP running with the following network speeds read from my devices' Wifi settings:

S10e: 54Mbps

S6: 585Mbps

Tab S3: 866Mbps

Obviously 54Mbps is not enough and I would need at least 100Mbps. Wifi shows full bars despite the low speed. At work I don't have this issue with the S10e. My office has some kind of enterprise level Wifi and there I saw speeds around 780Mbps (channel 108).

Home router:

Netgear R6300 v1 (5GHz 802.11ac router)

Firmware: V1.0.2.80_1.0.59

Region: Europe

Channels: 36 + 40 + 44(P) + 48

Mode: Up to 1300Mbps

Fragmentation Length (256-2346): 2346

CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347): 2347

Preamble Mode: Long Preamble

I remember having the same issue with Lenovo laptops. Previous T440p could peak at 90 Mb/s but the current T460s reaches only 30 Mb/s.

Apprentice

@reino-reppuli wrote:

I just got my S10e yesterday and I'm having the same issue at home. I have only 5GHz AP running with the following network speeds read from my devices' Wifi settings:

S10e: 54Mbps

S6: 585Mbps

Tab S3: 866Mbps

Obviously 54Mbps is not enough and I would need at least 100Mbps. Wifi shows full bars despite the low speed. At work I don't have this issue with the S10e. My office has some kind of enterprise level Wifi and there I saw speeds around 780Mbps (channel 108).

Home router:

Netgear R6300 v1 (5GHz 802.11ac router)

Firmware: V1.0.2.80_1.0.59

Region: Europe

Channels: 36 + 40 + 44(P) + 48

Mode: Up to 1300Mbps

Fragmentation Length (256-2346): 2346

CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347): 2347

Preamble Mode: Long Preamble

I remember having the same issue with Lenovo laptops. Previous T440p could peak at 90 MB/s but the current T460s reaches only 30 MB/s.

Hmm.. after resetting the phone, wiping cache once more and toggling the settings mentioned above, it is better now, but as you said the speeds are ridiculously slow.  Something is seriously wrong with the s10 devices.  Obviously it is not something everyone is facing, and started happening after a certain time. That tells me some app or setting triggers this.  That is probably why resetting fixes for some people, but if you restore all the same apps and settings, the problem comes back.   May be I will need to reset, go back to bare bones phone, start installing one app at a time, use it for few days and isolate the exact app or setting that triggers this. 

I have the European version of the S10. Wifi is slow when bluetooth is on but if bluetooth is off then wifi speed goes up.

Apprentice

@Reijo wrote:

I have the European version of the S10. Wifi is slow when bluetooth is on but if bluetooth is off then wifi speed goes up.

Mine is an unlocked US version.   That is an interesting observation.  I always have bluetooth on.  I will have to try this out and check the speeds.  Thanks for the hint. 

First Poster

Turning off bluetooth didn't help me neither did changing AP settings. I also tried Wifi safe mode with no help. I created a bug report hoping that it would help...

First Poster

having this same problem with note10+. 

Really hoping it's not a hardware fault. Can't be bothered with the whole samsung repair process. 

Top Liked Authors