Support

Open search

Wi-Fi calling disappeared after April update

Apprentice

My S10+ received the April update yesterday. Since then, I noticed that Wi-Fi calling had disappeared from the settings. 

Why would this have been disabled by the April update? 

10 REPLIES 10
Troubleshooter

@Raph06 wrote:

My S10+ received the April update yesterday. Since then, I noticed that Wi-Fi calling had disappeared from the settings. 

Why would this have been disabled by the April update? 

Tap phone icon on bottom of the screen/ tap three dots/ settings/WiFi calling On Off is there 

Apprentice

That's exactly where I looked after seeing the button disappear from my quick settings grid.

I'm with O2, btw. 
One thing I seem to remember is that, after the update, I wasn't asked about my provider and type of contract.

Any ideas?

Troubleshooter

@Raph06 wrote:

That's exactly where I looked after seeing the button disappear from my quick settings grid.

I'm with O2, btw. 
One thing I seem to remember is that, after the update, I wasn't asked about my provider and type of contract.

Any ideas?

Think you have to contact 02 and get them to enable WiFi calling

Apprentice

I hope they will be able to RE-enable it.
The MyO2 app says Wi-fi calling is enabled, however.

Maybe it's a case of disabling it and re-enabling it.

It's not the only issue that crept up following the April 2019 update. More posts to follow.

First Poster

I'm on O2 and have exactly the same issue.. did you get it resolved ? 

First Poster

Has anyone had any updates on this? I recently got an S10+ which wifi calling worked perfectly. Then after a large update the option to turn it on and off dissapears after I restart the phone. If I eject the sim and put it back in it all comes back. I'm with 02 also.

Navigator

After the last update I noticed when it asked me what carrier I was using in the APN settings there others that I'm not using. I use EE, but this time there was BT and Virgin. Not sure why they were loaded in as they weren't there before. I went in and deleted them.

Also noticed, that the update shut off my wifi calling, and went in changed settings in messenger app which caused some problems since I use Android Messenger. Even though I had Android Messenger as the default and disabled the Samsung Messenger, it reactivated it and once again took control. This type of behavior in an update should not be happening. If I disable an app, it should remain that way and have no control over anything.

Highlighted
Explorer
It is not on an S10e with the latest update.
First Poster

Problem solved.

After an update when this issue occurs do this

1. switch of phone 

2. remove sim card

3. insert simcard

4. start phone

from the top pull down menu you will see that the wifi calling icon has returned.

Top Liked Authors