Support

Open search

Why not make all the phones same?

Navigator

Well, I don't know, but I feel bad about not having a strong chip as US users. It's strange how Samsung doesn't make identical devices like Apple for every market, worldwide... They don't even put device name on the back here in Croatia. 

I'm even not able to use the US forums or get any help because I'm from Europe. So US users are better than we are?

I like Samsung, but I feel like we '' international '' users are being treated like a lesser species.

Well yeah I have to add that some US carriers have been late with the '' Night '' mode in the camera update and other and that Exynoss chips have been stronger before.

Thank you for the help!
On my S10+!
13 REPLIES 13
Superuser I
Superuser I

Market demand / parts  etc drive what goes into a phone such as chipsets and Ram and even sometimes what actual colour one can buy.

Some US owners would actually like to have the Exynos chip instead of the Qualcomm SnapDragon as it appears to be more optimised and controls resources better.

Samsung has dedicated forums for different parts of the world so that help and support can be given for specific phones.

I'm curious as to know why you would want the Name if the device on the back of the phone.

My Samsung Note 10+ 5G just says Samsung on the back panel.

You could send your feedback via the Samsung Members app  / Samsung + app so it goes direct to the relevant departments.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Navigator

I'd just like that everyone gets the same treatment. 

Thank you for the help!
On my S10+!
Superuser I
Superuser I

You're very welcome and I agree with you.

At least we now seem to get the same Ram as other countries too.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Explorer

Long time iPhone user here since 2007. I am trying out samsung/android for the first time.

Love both so far. I think each has their up and down sides. 

My point is that iPhones are not the same everywhere. One change between countries is the nano sim:

In China mainland, Hong Kong and Macau, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR can use Dual SIM with two nano-SIM cards: If you fall outside of those countries, you’d be using Dual SIM with an eSIM.

I am not sure about other specs that might be different, but for now esim is not suipported by many.

They do put the Apple logo which tells your the nam

Navigator
Well, that's a minor change. Thanks on the info. Here they use different chip all together, and I don't know what not, you don't get the case as some other may, also theydon't put the name lol...

But they have bundle in every country also differently... That's weird too. I've got Galaxy Buds with my S10+ pre-order.
Thank you for the help!
On my S10+!
Explorer

I did not get the galaxy buds with mine. I purchased it from an online UK store.

Navigator
Well, when did you purchase it? I've done a pre-order. There were also later reductions of prices, and still are, and you could get AKG full Earphones 🎧 or Samsung power Bank.
Thank you for the help!
On my S10+!
Highlighted
Explorer

I have only had it for a few months. I was using my iPhone XS max most of this year.

I already have two pairs of wireless headphones with a 9 hour (actual) battery life, But it did have a £300 discount which was nice.

I am not surprised the specs are different in the US. I had the same thing with my toyota. The US model is different and has Apple car play/Android Auto, while the EU model does not.

The ram is 12GB on all models?

Navigator
Well. Every company does these things I guess :(. Unfair. I mean Snapdragon 855 and previous versions are better, faster, but Exynoss was once better, who knows, they've invested million in their chipsets recently, maybe they'll be better than SnapDragon,for S11.

S10 models come with 6, 8 and 12 GBs of RAM. I've got the S10 Plus 8GB,128,and it's enough, really. I plan to use it for 2 years, as the Android Phones get updated for 2 years only, unlike iPhone. iPhone Max has 4GB of RAM. S7 has had that many and S8 etc. But iPhones have their own company's software and it's well optimized. But I've never and will not buy an iPhone.
Thank you for the help!
On my S10+!
Top Liked Authors