Support

Open search

Why doesn't edge lighting work or there not be an ambient display?

Apprentice

I've got a Galaxy S10+ and I've come from a OnePlus 5T. The one major pitfall I have found with Samsung that OnePlus benefited from was ambient display (your screen would wake to show you a notification - only the notification tab though). But Samsung doesn't have this? I wish not to use always on display as I'm afraid it will eat my battery, unless of course if I can get it to knock the screen off while I place it in my pocket or the proximity sensor is covered. Furthermore, edge lighting for notifications seems great and I would love for it to work across all my apps but it doesn't, genuienly only Snapchat appears to work. I've turned on all app notifications through edge lighting as well...

2 REPLIES 2
Troubleshooter
@ConnorM wrote:

I've got a Galaxy S10+ and I've come from a OnePlus 5T. The one major pitfall I have found with Samsung that OnePlus benefited from was ambient display (your screen would wake to show you a notification - only the notification tab though). But Samsung doesn't have this? I wish not to use always on display as I'm afraid it will eat my battery, unless of course if I can get it to knock the screen off while I place it in my pocket or the proximity sensor is covered. Furthermore, edge lighting for notifications seems great and I would love for it to work across all my apps but it doesn't, genuienly only Snapchat appears to work. I've turned on all app notifications through edge lighting as well...

Doesn’t work with a lot of third party apps at the moment. Sure this will be addressed soon.

Apprentice
This is good to know it is a case of an update for third party apps. Thank you!