Support

Open search

Which MicroSD Card?

Apprentice

I am looking forward to getting my Samsung Galaxy S10+ 512 Black Ceramic tomorrow from EE (in store collection), but while I wait I am looking at getting a MicroSD Card but I am not sure which one would be good. I am not a fan of Cloud Storage (although I do use at times Google Photos backup) but I always like to have it on physical storage too. 

I was browsing Amazon and came across three different options, two from Sandisk (the brand I use for my Digital SLR) which were the Sandisk Ultra 400GB (I have had one before but need to look it out however happy to buy a new one) and the Sandisk Extreme Pro 400GB which is the slightly more expensive card to the ultra. There was also the Samsung Evo Plus 512GB retailing at the same or similar cost of the Extreme Pro. 

Has anyone any knowledge of the differences, and thus which would be best for photographs, HD and 4K Videos. It appears that maybe for 4K the three becomes two since the Ultra doesn't really support 4K Videos.

Which would, or have you gone for to use with your device?

5 REPLIES 5
Explorer

I would always go dual sim, its fantastic to have a backup.   

Apprentice

That’s not really helping in the question regarding which SD Card to choose. 

@mikehippo wrote:

I would always go dual sim, its fantastic to have a backup.   

Voyager
Yeah that wasn't very helpful at all.

I would also like to know the answer as I'm looking at getting one to store photos and videos as Google doesn't store in high quality unless you pay so Im thinking why not just buy an SD card/ cards to store them on.

And is there a huge difference in quality for a cheap sandisk one against a very expensive sandisk one for instance
Troubleshooter

@djleecharles wrote:
Yeah that wasn't very helpful at all.

I would also like to know the answer as I'm looking at getting one to store photos and videos as Google doesn't store in high quality unless you pay so Im thinking why not just buy an SD card/ cards to store them on.

And is there a huge difference in quality for a cheap sandisk one against a very expensive sandisk one for instance

All down to preference, you’ll want a card that can read write data fast, good deals on Amazon for Samsung SD  cards 

Explorer

The one rule is never buy a card from Amazon marketplace or ebay as there is a high chance that it will be counterfeit, always buy directly from an established and reputable retailer.  

Top Liked Authors