Support

Open search

Where is the Sport mode for action shots ?

Explorer
Oh jeez
Fisky
Explorer

@RegetebuyingS9p wrote:

OMG WHY??? Why get rid of one of the best modes the camera has??? It was the only reason I bought this phone to get great pics of my ever moving granddaughter. I don't want to have to mess with aperature ect I am disabled with brain damage and I needed simple. It took exquisite pics in sports mode. Even at a water park it captured the individual drops of water falling through the air along with my granddaughter running through the water fountain spray. This phone has been nothing but issues since I got it. I constantly miss calls and voicemails no one can seem to fix the issue had it replaced multiple times and the one and only thing left that it had going for it is gone! I'm devastated. I've always had Samsung's but this is probably my last... I said I would keep this one just to use for the camera and now it's ruined as well. This phone is a useless brick to me. I'm disabled and on a very low income. This phone was a huge splurge for me but I did it so that when I am well enough to see my granddaughter I would be able to have amazing pics to look at while I am trapped in my bed dying.Since sports mode is gone I have nothing but a bunch of blurred pictures. There are not words to exspress how devasted this has made me. One ofothe few joys left in my miserable agonizing life is gone. Thanks Samsung for ruining what little I had left after raping me for a phone that can't even recieve calls on a regualar basis and now can't even take a clear action shot. Way to go. The amount of hours I have had to spend in online chats, on the phone with you, my carrier, insurance ect not to mention the hours upon hours I've had to spend setting up replacement phones only to end up with the same issues and running to the post office to return defective phones just to get another defective has all but pushed me over the edge and I have finally resorted to getting a landline since I've missed so many important phone calls from my doctors, lawyer ect. No one can seem to fix this issue or cares to fix or resolve it and I'm stuck paying for this worthless phone and for service that had one redeeming quality left and now that is gone too. It takes all I have not to take this phone and smash it into a wall and I am not a angry or violent person but this has been by far the worst retail and customer service experience of my life. You know my son said don't buy that phone mom just buy a good camera and a cheap phone. I sure wish now I would have listened to his advice... But I needed a new phone since my S7 took a ***** after it was barely a year old and I didn't want to be hindered by carrying around 2 devices when I could supposedly have it all in one. Especially since I need a cane to walk. The S7 nor the S5 I had before it I wasn't to impressed with either. I guess I should have learned from those two phones that Samsung was going downhill. At this point I would pay a grand for a brand new S2 as that took better pictures then any of the camera's that came after it until this one with the sports mode. Having clear pictures of my precious granddaughter that I barely get to see due to my disabilities was priceless to me and worth the many I was spending now it is gone. So I will take the advice of my son and when this stupid phone is paid off I will buy a cheap flip phone and a decent little easy to use camera that has a sports mode that the manufacturer will not come and take that feature away from me. Updates should be about fixing defects, security issues, perhaps adding new inhanced features not taking away features that funtioned perfectly and that we paid for and wanted!  

Holy wow....

I think maybe you should stick to just the landline phone without sounding nasty! πŸ“±

And dare I go all out and suggest some relaxation and maybe a full stop or comma too. 

Fisky
First Poster

I agree 100%. I've always used Samsung and had fun banter with I-phone friends about never switching to Apple but after update stole my sport mode in camera I too feel like I have a useless, expensive brick. I'm very much considering dumping Samsung phones for good too. I've tried tweaking the settings and not the same. I'm so sorry you're going through this and anyone who says you're over reacting can suck it. These phones cost ridiculous prices and we choose them for reasons that are individually important to us. If whatever made it worth the price is taken away without our permission I call it false advertising and theft of money we paid for something they offered but we didn't get. 

First Poster

I have s8 plus and one of many updates removed my sport mode. None of the new options hold a candle to it. I want it back!!!

First Poster

I agree. Update took it away from my s8 plus and new options don't compare. I want it back!

Top Liked Authors