Support

Open search

Where is the Sport mode for action shots ?

First Poster

So my previous Samsung Galaxy phone had a sport mode for the camera for fast action shots but as far as I can tell there is not one on my S10 Plus.  If there isn't one anymore then what's the best setting in the camera to use ?  Thanks all πŸ‘

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Troubleshooter

@Markp41 wrote:

So my previous Samsung Galaxy phone had a sport mode for the camera for fast action shots but as far as I can tell there is not one on my S10 Plus.  If there isn't one anymore then what's the best setting in the camera to use ?  Thanks all πŸ‘

https://androidresult.com/use-sports-mode-in-galaxy-s10/

nope nothing there!! 

Helping Hand

Think its been removed for s10, unless, like previous devices, it's in the Galaxy Store

First Poster

This is one of the most useful settings on a smartphone camera I've found - I'm often taking photos of fast moving things - my dog, friends on mountain bikes, snowboards etc and I've struggled getting clear shots using the standard camera mode. 

I haven't played around with it yet but I think the best alternative option is to use Pro mode and set your shutter speed faster than 1/1000 and crank the ISO in lower light conditions.

Still, that's a pain - Samsung, can we have this back in a future update to the camera app please?

I also tried to download the extra camera modes from the Galaxy Store, but i can't press the "open" button and i can't toggle the mode on/off in the camera settings. I have an S8 plus, so maybe it has something to do with a sofware update where they removed the extra camera modes?

OMG WHY??? Why get rid of one of the best modes the camera has??? It was the only reason I bought this phone to get great pics of my ever moving granddaughter. I don't want to have to mess with aperature ect I am disabled with brain damage and I needed simple. It took exquisite pics in sports mode. Even at a water park it captured the individual drops of water falling through the air along with my granddaughter running through the water fountain spray. This phone has been nothing but issues since I got it. I constantly miss calls and voicemails no one can seem to fix the issue had it replaced multiple times and the one and only thing left that it had going for it is gone! I'm devastated. I've always had Samsung's but this is probably my last... I said I would keep this one just to use for the camera and now it's ruined as well. This phone is a useless brick to me. I'm disabled and on a very low income. This phone was a huge splurge for me but I did it so that when I am well enough to see my granddaughter I would be able to have amazing pics to look at while I am trapped in my bed dying.Since sports mode is gone I have nothing but a bunch of blurred pictures. There are not words to exspress how devasted this has made me. One ofothe few joys left in my miserable agonizing life is gone. Thanks Samsung for ruining what little I had left after raping me for a phone that can't even recieve calls on a regualar basis and now can't even take a clear action shot. Way to go. The amount of hours I have had to spend in online chats, on the phone with you, my carrier, insurance ect not to mention the hours upon hours I've had to spend setting up replacement phones only to end up with the same issues and running to the post office to return defective phones just to get another defective has all but pushed me over the edge and I have finally resorted to getting a landline since I've missed so many important phone calls from my doctors, lawyer ect. No one can seem to fix this issue or cares to fix or resolve it and I'm stuck paying for this worthless phone and for service that had one redeeming quality left and now that is gone too. It takes all I have not to take this phone and smash it into a wall and I am not a angry or violent person but this has been by far the worst retail and customer service experience of my life. You know my son said don't buy that phone mom just buy a good camera and a cheap phone. I sure wish now I would have listened to his advice... But I needed a new phone since my S7 took a ***** after it was barely a year old and I didn't want to be hindered by carrying around 2 devices when I could supposedly have it all in one. Especially since I need a cane to walk. The S7 nor the S5 I had before it I wasn't to impressed with either. I guess I should have learned from those two phones that Samsung was going downhill. At this point I would pay a grand for a brand new S2 as that took better pictures then any of the camera's that came after it until this one with the sports mode. Having clear pictures of my precious granddaughter that I barely get to see due to my disabilities was priceless to me and worth the many I was spending now it is gone. So I will take the advice of my son and when this stupid phone is paid off I will buy a cheap flip phone and a decent little easy to use camera that has a sports mode that the manufacturer will not come and take that feature away from me. Updates should be about fixing defects, security issues, perhaps adding new inhanced features not taking away features that funtioned perfectly and that we paid for and wanted!  

Not to mention the invasion of privacy and security risk that this phone puts every owner in due to that fact that this phone, the S9+ puts all of us at risk for being hacked since it doesn't matter if you turn off and disable apps, app permissions ect in settings because the phone via Samsung, Google ect idk turns them all back to the way Samsung, Google ect wants them to be I would assume to collect our data and usage for money by way of advertising. No matter what you do in settings this phone will be connecting to unsecure Wi-Fi's whenever it wants, turning on location, NFC, Bluetooth, Tags, Nearby, Phone Visability AND updating and downloading apps no matter how many places you turn this option off, it doesn't matter it just keeps updating apps and downloading apps whenever Samsung, Google ect decides it is going to do so and then with every unknown unauthorized update of an app it once again changes all of your settings behind your back. We have all been preached to and "They" say "stay safe" , "stay secure"and go on and on about mobile security which I have always taken very seriously and use the best paid for VPN, Anti Maleware Anti Virus programs ect. and then "they" turn around and change our settings making us vulnerable to attacks by way of outrageous permissions, connecting to unsecure WiFi networks, making us visable to the world and open for attack! Then we can also talk about all of the other permissions that we have absolutely no way to turn off in the "Other Permissions" in app settings. Yes they make it look like you have control by showing you a list of permissions you can toggle off but up in the corner click that menu and take a look at "All Permissions" depending on the app the list is insanely unbelievable! I forget which app it was but it was allowed to know the speed of my vehical, the thing is that this app had nothing to do with a car or driving ***** Had I seen these other "All Permissions" that we have no control over sooner I would have returned the phone immediately but due to my disabilities it took me some time to set up the phone securely and to my liking and by the time I finally had a chance to start digging around in the phones settings and discovered this massive breach of privacy and security all of these other "All Permissions" in each app it was past the time that I could return this piece of garbage phone. I will also mention that I was not surprisingly hacked about a month after purchasing this phone despite my diligent efforts to secure my device and it has made my life a nightmare ever since trying to untangle the layers of ***** that resulted from being hacked. It is a nightmare I wish upon nobody and in my sick disabled state it made it all the more horrendous since I have very little time each day that I am able to function physically and or mentally before I am far to sick and exhausted to do anything but lay here and die a slow death. It was also about a month after purchasing the phone that I saw in settings under WIFI usage there was all of this WiFi usage and I had WiFi turned off as I have a very large unlimited plan. I had WIFI turned off in every place possible in settings in every app possible and there is no place to see exactly what "WiFi" network this phone actually connected to when it did so. I live in a rural area and have very few neighbors. Any WiFi networks that I can see when I scan in WiFi settings are all locked and I would need a password to connect to. So again what "WIFI" did this phone connect too?! It wasn't mine or the neighbors and there are no local hotspots anywhere near me. So much for your lovely secure Knox as it doesn't do ***** and neither can any other program keep you safe with this phone always changing settings and making you a sitting duck for anyone that wants in. I am honestly thinking of contacting a lawyer about this along with the PUC and anyone else that will listen and perhaps help protect people that have bought this phone. It has cost me way way more than 1000 bucks and at this point after all that I have been through because of this phone and since buying the S9+ last summer it has just about cost me my sanity as well. All of the hoops I've had to jump throigh, endless hours on the phone, in chat, setting up replacement phones, running to the post office to return defective phones, calling my credirtors, cancelling cards, changing passwords, retrieving accounts, all of the lies I've been told by Samsung, Best Buy, AT&T, Assurion have been unbelievable and sickening on a level that is almost unbelievable yet it has happened and it's been nothing short of hell. So, 9 months later after purchasing the S9+ I am now on replacement phone number idk 7 or 8 I've basically lost count how many phones it's been and I still not have a phone that functions properly and that receives even half of the phone calls and voicemails that people tell me they have left. Yes this phone cost me way more than 1000 dollars and at this point I could not even begin to calculate how much it has actually cost me but it's thousands and thousands and climbing every day that I pay for phone service and now a landline too plus I will have to buy a phone that actually works and does what it is intended to do, like make and receive calls! Also getting hacked the hacker kept changing my phone plan and Everytime there was a plan change that cost me money as well and I also lost the old good unlimited plan that I was grandfathered into. So yes it has cost. Oh boy has this phone cost me. With what it has cost me it should be made of gold and it should at least get incoming calls but at this point I guess that is just apparently to much to ask for from a phone. So anyone reading this, if you are thinking of buying a Samsung phone ring for your life because they do not even hold up their end of the 1 year warranty the replacement phones I did manage to get were thanks to my carrier. The most current one being a brand new replacement and we are still having the exact same issues. I'm not receiving my calls and when it doesn't ring on my end and it supposedly goes to voicemail there is no voicemail in the box either. Not to mention the pictures it takes now are *****. Oh I also read you can no longer access both camera lenses like you were able to before. Not sure what other features they took away from the camera yet as I have not had a chance to thoroughly go through the camera app itself. I've never had the chance to enjoy this phone at all except for the few times I saw my granddaughter and got some great pics when it still had sports mode. Ive never had a chance to really learn much about the camera because all my spare time is spent on the phone, on chat ect trying to get the phone to do the most basic function it is supposed to do. The S9+ was my dream phone. I fought with myself for about 9 months before I finally bit the bullet and splurged for it. I read reviews, researched all of my options and I kept coming back to the S9+ because of the camera hoping and praying it took pics at least half as good as the old S2 did and it did for a little while but they ruined that and I can't get my calls! Yep way to go! Good job! Screw over a old sick disabled lady that just wanted some good pictures of her granddaughter to look at while she spends most of her life laying in bed dying. Thanks for making one of my final experiences here on this Earth so effing lovely. You just made the thought of dying a little easier because at least I know once I am dead I won't have evil greedy corperstions a** raping me anymore. So bravo! Good job! I won't even need to hear my last rights when my time comes! Lmao Samsung you have made it so I do not even care that I am dying anymore and just thankful I'll be checking out soon! 

Apprentice

the best setting to use is to get a campfire going and toss your phone in it because they're trying to control everything just like apple now. My note 9 is missing so many features that my S8 had. What a joke

Navigator

I read the majority of 

@RegetebuyingS9p wrote:

Not to mention the invasion of privacy and security risk that this phone puts every owner in due to that fact that this phone, the S9+ puts all of us at risk for being hacked since it doesn't matter if you turn off and disable apps, app permissions ect in settings because the phone via Samsung, Google ect idk turns them all back to the way Samsung, Google ect wants them to be I would assume to collect our data and usage for money by way of advertising. No matter what you do in settings this phone will be connecting to unsecure Wi-Fi's whenever it wants, turning on location, NFC, Bluetooth, Tags, Nearby, Phone Visability AND updating and downloading apps no matter how many places you turn this option off, it doesn't matter it just keeps updating apps and downloading apps whenever Samsung, Google ect decides it is going to do so and then with every unknown unauthorized update of an app it once again changes all of your settings behind your back. We have all been preached to and "They" say "stay safe" , "stay secure"and go on and on about mobile security which I have always taken very seriously and use the best paid for VPN, Anti Maleware Anti Virus programs ect. and then "they" turn around and change our settings making us vulnerable to attacks by way of outrageous permissions, connecting to unsecure WiFi networks, making us visable to the world and open for attack! Then we can also talk about all of the other permissions that we have absolutely no way to turn off in the "Other Permissions" in app settings. Yes they make it look like you have control by showing you a list of permissions you can toggle off but up in the corner click that menu and take a look at "All Permissions" depending on the app the list is insanely unbelievable! I forget which app it was but it was allowed to know the speed of my vehical, the thing is that this app had nothing to do with a car or driving ***** Had I seen these other "All Permissions" that we have no control over sooner I would have returned the phone immediately but due to my disabilities it took me some time to set up the phone securely and to my liking and by the time I finally had a chance to start digging around in the phones settings and discovered this massive breach of privacy and security all of these other "All Permissions" in each app it was past the time that I could return this piece of garbage phone. I will also mention that I was not surprisingly hacked about a month after purchasing this phone despite my diligent efforts to secure my device and it has made my life a nightmare ever since trying to untangle the layers of ***** that resulted from being hacked. It is a nightmare I wish upon nobody and in my sick disabled state it made it all the more horrendous since I have very little time each day that I am able to function physically and or mentally before I am far to sick and exhausted to do anything but lay here and die a slow death. It was also about a month after purchasing the phone that I saw in settings under WIFI usage there was all of this WiFi usage and I had WiFi turned off as I have a very large unlimited plan. I had WIFI turned off in every place possible in settings in every app possible and there is no place to see exactly what "WiFi" network this phone actually connected to when it did so. I live in a rural area and have very few neighbors. Any WiFi networks that I can see when I scan in WiFi settings are all locked and I would need a password to connect to. So again what "WIFI" did this phone connect too?! It wasn't mine or the neighbors and there are no local hotspots anywhere near me. So much for your lovely secure Knox as it doesn't do ***** and neither can any other program keep you safe with this phone always changing settings and making you a sitting duck for anyone that wants in. I am honestly thinking of contacting a lawyer about this along with the PUC and anyone else that will listen and perhaps help protect people that have bought this phone. It has cost me way way more than 1000 bucks and at this point after all that I have been through because of this phone and since buying the S9+ last summer it has just about cost me my sanity as well. All of the hoops I've had to jump throigh, endless hours on the phone, in chat, setting up replacement phones, running to the post office to return defective phones, calling my credirtors, cancelling cards, changing passwords, retrieving accounts, all of the lies I've been told by Samsung, Best Buy, AT&T, Assurion have been unbelievable and sickening on a level that is almost unbelievable yet it has happened and it's been nothing short of hell. So, 9 months later after purchasing the S9+ I am now on replacement phone number idk 7 or 8 I've basically lost count how many phones it's been and I still not have a phone that functions properly and that receives even half of the phone calls and voicemails that people tell me they have left. Yes this phone cost me way more than 1000 dollars and at this point I could not even begin to calculate how much it has actually cost me but it's thousands and thousands and climbing every day that I pay for phone service and now a landline too plus I will have to buy a phone that actually works and does what it is intended to do, like make and receive calls! Also getting hacked the hacker kept changing my phone plan and Everytime there was a plan change that cost me money as well and I also lost the old good unlimited plan that I was grandfathered into. So yes it has cost. Oh boy has this phone cost me. With what it has cost me it should be made of gold and it should at least get incoming calls but at this point I guess that is just apparently to much to ask for from a phone. So anyone reading this, if you are thinking of buying a Samsung phone ring for your life because they do not even hold up their end of the 1 year warranty the replacement phones I did manage to get were thanks to my carrier. The most current one being a brand new replacement and we are still having the exact same issues. I'm not receiving my calls and when it doesn't ring on my end and it supposedly goes to voicemail there is no voicemail in the box either. Not to mention the pictures it takes now are *****. Oh I also read you can no longer access both camera lenses like you were able to before. Not sure what other features they took away from the camera yet as I have not had a chance to thoroughly go through the camera app itself. I've never had the chance to enjoy this phone at all except for the few times I saw my granddaughter and got some great pics when it still had sports mode. Ive never had a chance to really learn much about the camera because all my spare time is spent on the phone, on chat ect trying to get the phone to do the most basic function it is supposed to do. The S9+ was my dream phone. I fought with myself for about 9 months before I finally bit the bullet and splurged for it. I read reviews, researched all of my options and I kept coming back to the S9+ because of the camera hoping and praying it took pics at least half as good as the old S2 did and it did for a little while but they ruined that and I can't get my calls! Yep way to go! Good job! Screw over a old sick disabled lady that just wanted some good pictures of her granddaughter to look at while she spends most of her life laying in bed dying. Thanks for making one of my final experiences here on this Earth so effing lovely. You just made the thought of dying a little easier because at least I know once I am dead I won't have evil greedy corperstions a** raping me anymore. So bravo! Good job! I won't even need to hear my last rights when my time comes! Lmao Samsung you have made it so I do not even care that I am dying anymore and just thankful I'll be checking out soon! 

I read the majority of this but don't have or see any of the issues you are referring to.

Same question. Had the s8+ , after ANOTHER systems update,  it is NO LONGER available.  I used it alot.  

Samsung....bring back SPORT MODE

Top Liked Authors