Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Whatsapp notifications (and possible others) reverting settings

(Topic created on: 13-10-2019 04:38 PM)
branchcream
Apprentice
Options

I try to disable notifications for groups via notification settings. But everytime I get a group messages it reverts to the old setting. I tried to solve this in app but even though the notifications are disabled in app i still get pop ups, vibration and sound. Is this a bug?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Could be, are you try to desinstall and reinstall Whatsapp?

Last days somebody had problems with notifications with the last WSP update.

Let me know after reistall Whatsapp if works or your problem continue for check notifications options :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes
branchcream
Apprentice
Options
So here's what I did: I reinstalled WhatsApp. I cleared data of the settings app. And after that didn't fix it I cleared cache on recocery, still to no avail.
0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Right and thanks @branchcream then could be an casual update error of the App, because you have not other notifications error with other programs, no?

As recommendation write a note to Whatsapp Customers Service as new and if you want in Samsung Member App as well.

For now you will need to wait for a fixed update.

You can inscribe in beta testers Whatsap program to have the most recent beta APP of Whatsapp, It could help in acquire newest version first all.

Sorry, I can help you without 3rd part programs as notification Managements, if after restart and set notification correctly does not work :fox-face:

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Also you can text next options: 

Go to Settings / Aplications / search Whatsap in list and select / press again in Notifications (Notification Whatsapp System Page) then:

Screenshot_20191013-174425_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20191013-174431_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20191013-174435_Settings.jpg

Good luck, you will can set there all respect Wahtsapp Notification but for the System directly connected to Whastsapp App.

I wait you can fix your issue and let us know if it works or not :four-leaf-clover:

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

You have a feedback, greetings :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Solution
branchcream
Apprentice
Options

So here's the solution I found: in WhatsApp go to settings->notifications and disable the toggle that says something about high priority yadayada (I don't have the English language setup on my phone,  so I'm not sure how it is called in english). Then the notification settings in android should stick. 👌

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

I have that option active in both always in Whatsapp and never had problems with any notification, in individuals or groups conversations for that reason.

If in the others screen showed of the Main System are setted correctly, then your phone must not vibrate or sound with a group message as you told us. Then is a program error and will be fixed.

But if that option worked for you, perfect !!!! but is not the real problem for your model :four-leaf-clover::hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

That option is not influyent about all you told us, but well, I continue thinking is a not really real solution as requested issue :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
HarmH
Student
Options

I have the same on my s10+ and it's so incredibly annoying. I just don't want vibrating stuff everyone I get a message let alone sounds. If I have my phone on vibrate I want the whatsapp message to be silent and not vibrating but it seems impossible to do so. I tried to set whatsapp to silent in the settings but that goes back to alert once I receive a message. Also when i set that notifications sounds and vibrations to silent it just keeps vibrating. This is super *****ty and only started occurring since the update to the latest Android... How is this possible, how can my Android settings be overridden like this? The only workaround I found was to put the phone on sound with the ring tone super low volume, then the notification settings remain silent and somehow don't vibrate? Its super weird and very annoying and frankly crazy that you can't control it properly 

0 Likes
branchcream
Apprentice
Options

I was so annoyed by this that I just disabled vibration for WhatsApp altogether via ADB. Here's a guide on how to do this: https://www.xda-developers.com/stop-vibrations-android-apps/

And if you're lazy (like me) then just adb shell and enter this:

~$ appops set com.whatsapp VIBRATE deny

0 Likes