Support

Open search

What are the Samsung House words? OneUI 2 Beta is coming...

Apprentice
Do I not need to phone my network provider to get it unlocked?
Highlighted
Navigator

I'd try and flash an unlocked pie  firmware first and then try sign up heard alot of people having success with that 

Apprentice
Oh damnn.... I just phoned up my carrier to unlock it....they said they have unlocked it now... Should I still try a flash firmware?
Navigator
Id flash the pie unlocked firmware from xda do you know how to flash if not don't bother
Apprentice
No i don't know how to flash unlock..... I just spoke with my network provider & they said my phone is unlocked & that I need to contact Samsung to fix the problem
Community Manager

Thanks for all of your contributions and feedback today.

I've tried to address the key questions that may support @Kay9@Gav4b @Damo14 and @Bemberei and other people viewing this thread. 

"Server Error. Try again later."

This may be indicative that your phone is not eligible for the Beta Programme as it is only available to open network variants (BTU/XEU) of UK S10 family devices running UK SIM cards. 

• If you'd like us to confirmthis for you, please share information in Service provider SW version in a screenshot or copying and pasting the full details. This can be accessed in: Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Service provider SW version

Am I on an open variant of the phone?

• An open network variant is specifically a BTU or XEU version of your phone. This is established at production and links to the IMEI and SN of the phone and cannot be changed. 
  • If you have a network lock (or SIM lock) on your phone, you will have to use a specific network operator SIM card. To remove this kind of lock to use another carrier SIM, you would need to contact your network. ***Please note your phone can be network free or network unlocked but not be an open network variant of the phone.

Samsung's opinion of rooting, custom ROMs or flash unlocking

We certainly don't recommend anyone installing a custom ROM or 'flash unlocking' their phone and only ever use official software released OTA (over the air) or via Smart Switch for PC/Mac. Non-official versions of the software are untested and may open you up to security risks and may also result in damage to your device that will not be covered by your manufacturer's warranty. 

Thanks, 

^Sachiko

Apprentice

@SachikoT

How do i find out if my device is either of those types? 

Community Manager

@Kay9 - We'd be happy to check this for you, please share the information in Service provider SW version in a screenshot or copying and pasting the full details. This can be accessed in: Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Service provider SW version

^Sachiko

Navigator

Screenshot_20191028-180217.jpg

Screenshot_20191028-180207_Settings.jpg

Apprentice

Screenshot_20191028-182340_Settings.jpg

Top Liked Authors