Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Weird problem with edge panel after Android update

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 10:28 PM)
BillR
Student
Options

My phone (Galaxy S10, Verizon Wireless) updated to Android 10 just a couple of days ago. Now it has this weird problem with the People edge panel: I tap on an icon and the wrong contact comes up. E.g. I tap on the icon for my son's mobile number, tap text message, and my home number comes up. I have 6 icons and 2 of them have this problem. I am 95% sure this problem started after the Android update. Any ideas??

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VeronicaWilliam
Apprentice
Options

I just figured out the fix!!  So it was storing the first number on the contact, not necessarily the default.  So I unlinked the contacts so it wouldn't pull from the cloud or anywhere else.  I deleted the secondary contact that was in there from unlinking.  I then went in and edited the contact and  deleted the home phone number and left the mobile number.    I did a save.  Then I went in again to edit the contact and readded the home number.  It fixed my edge panel!   Maybe Samsung should pay me to be an "expert".

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @BillR 

It is a conundrum why its only affecting two numbers and only specific ones.

Perhaps try deletubgbthem from your contacts and re entervthem and then re add them to your peoples edge panel.

Can you try these in order to see if this helps.

1. Soft reboot by turning the phone off and on. 
  2. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the systems caches. No personal information is lost this way. 
  3. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort. 
  4. Let a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre have hands on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
VeronicaWilliam
Apprentice
Options

My edge panel started doing the same thing after the update last week.  The edge panel is storing the home number instead of the number that I have defaulted, which is the cell phone.  It's useless to me because I'm not going to text or call the home number.  I did a chat with Samsung experts, and they couldn't fix it.  I did a reboot.  I removed those contacts and readded them.  I cleared my cache.  Nothing fixed it.  I had another update this morning and was hoping it would fix the problem.  It did not.  Very frustrating as I use the edge panel all the time to text my most used contacts.

0 Likes
Solution
VeronicaWilliam
Apprentice
Options

I just figured out the fix!!  So it was storing the first number on the contact, not necessarily the default.  So I unlinked the contacts so it wouldn't pull from the cloud or anywhere else.  I deleted the secondary contact that was in there from unlinking.  I then went in and edited the contact and  deleted the home phone number and left the mobile number.    I did a save.  Then I went in again to edit the contact and readded the home number.  It fixed my edge panel!   Maybe Samsung should pay me to be an "expert".

AntS
Options

LOL. Well, I'll award you an 'accepted solution' for now @VeronicaWilliam, but if you stick around and share more of your expertise and experience, who knows where it'll lead? :winking-face:

BillR
Student
Options

Thanks very much. I tried it and it worked. The phone number has to be first on the list in the contact. 

Hey Samsung, that is a BUG. IT DID NOT USED TO WORK THIS WAY. You could select whichever number you wanted if there were multiple numbers, and it would use that one. It should not select the first-listed number regardless of which number you choose.

VeronicaWilliam
Apprentice
Options
I'm so glad it worked for you too!
0 Likes
Dinkumww
First Poster
Options

@VeronicaWilliam wrote:

Thanks a million. Worked for me. 👍

0 Likes
Mackuser
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue after the update.  Although rearranging the phone numbers per Edge Panel contacts list the favorite phone number first  was not fun it worked. C'mon Samsung. This should never have happened 

0 Likes