Support

Open search

Upgrade to S10

Voyager

Hi all , I need help lol I've currently had my S7 Edge for 28 months , it's working fine it's still reasonably fast and does everything I need it to BUT I fancy a new phone . Question is ....is it worth the upgrade ?? Should I upgrade ?? Did any of you have a great phone that was fine and upgrade ?? Help !!! Cheers 

7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I
From an S7? Yes, its a huge upgrade! I would say: Go for it.

I upgraded my S7 to an S9+ and never regretted it
Superuser I
Superuser I

When I'm considering a new phone I factor in the following...

What does it have under the hood that brings things new to my user experience.

What new features does it have that enhances my user experience.

Is my current phone no longer ticking my wants and needs boxes. Is it faltering in some way.

What's the financial implications of buying / upgrading to a new phone.

How much can I get for selling my current phone to go towards the new one.

I also make visits to my local Samsung Experience Store and Network Stores to have a play around with the working retail models.

At the end of the day it's really upto you if you feel changing phone is warranted / deserved @Edgie70 

By making your post here I'm thinking your already 80% there in your decision making process. 

Enjoy the journey.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Superuser I
Superuser I
When I upgraded to my S9+ I had major storage issues myself, it was extremely frustrating to say the least. That was for me the reason to make the switch
Superuser I
Superuser I

I moved from the Samsung Galaxy s8 to the Samsung Note 9 because I wanted to use the Hybrid Duos option to use two sim cards and as such chose the 512gb option.

Samsung were also giving me £300 off the price of the Note 9 as a trade in so win win for me.

I've wanted a Note since the Samsung Note 7 so I jumped on the Noye 9.

So you see @Edgie70  there is always reasons to make us want to upgrade. 

Current Phone ~

Voyager

Thanks everyone , yeah I'm 80% there about getting it lol money side of things I'm looking at getting it on the trade in and 0% finance that they do , they offer up to £200 off so I figure that my S7 Edge is immaculate and works so it's got to be very close to that value . Cheers , Dave .

Superuser I
Superuser I

No worries.

Listen you only live once so why not.

I'm awaiting the Note 10 to see what that brings

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
Explorer

I spent ages deliberating whether to upgrade or not too - but I was on an S8. It was still just as good as the day I got it, and there wasn't really anything wrong with it - but I had the opportunity to upgrade through work. 

I finally took the plunge on the weekend and I have no regrets whatsoever. My S8 was running really well, but the S10 is a significant step up in performance. I have also been impressed with the battery life, although this seems to vary significantly between users. 

Top Liked Authors