Support

Open search

Unable to hide navigation bar

Highlighted
Apprentice

My new S10 did an auto update, which includes a one UI 2 update and now the navigation bar can't be turned off and on some games (homescape) instead of now using the whole screen width, I have a black bar down one side where the camera is and a white bar down the other where the nav bar is on permanent display. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

@TractorDriver wrote:

My new S10 did an auto update, which includes a one UI 2 update and now the navigation bar can't be turned off and on some games (homescape) instead of now using the whole screen width, I have a black bar down one side where the camera is and a white bar down the other where the nav bar is on permanent display. 


Sometimes after an update you'll have to wipe the partition cache : https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-39551

Highlighted
Apprentice
Have given this a try, but unfortunately no better. Now contemplating a factory reset😬
Highlighted

@TractorDriver wrote:
Have given this a try, but unfortunately no better. Now contemplating a factory reset😬

Well, if it doesn't work as they tell us here :

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/hide-navigation-bar-enable-gestures-your-galaxy-s10-0194525/

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062622/

Then the next step would indeed be a factory reset. A backup using smartswitch should make it not that much work.

Highlighted
Helping Hand

@TractorDriver wrote:
Have given this a try, but unfortunately no better. Now contemplating a factory reset😬

go to Display > Navigation Bar and uncheck "show button to hide keyboard"

 
if no fix then reset device.
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @TractorDriver ,

Factory reset is not the solution...Check in the Navigation Bar setting if you have somethg like « movement tips » and disable it like this and you won't see nothing more...

I don't have Android 10 yet but this should be about the same than Android 9

Sorry it's in frenchSorry it's in french

Maybe 

There are two options for the Navigation Bar on pie:

Settings > Display > Navigation Bar > Show Navigation Bar/Gestures. 

and also what @StellarTraveler  says : Navigation Bar and uncheck "show button to hide keyboard"

Highlighted

@Cassidy007 wrote:

Hi @TractorDriver ,

Factory reset is not the solution...Check in the Navigation Bar setting if you have somethg like « movement tips » and disable it like this and you won't see nothing more...


This option shows three bars to indicate where to swipe upwards. Here faintly to be seen below the icons :

 

1124201933530.jpg

 

Highlighted
Helping Hand

go to Display > Navigation Bar and uncheck "show button to hide keyboard"

I suggested that some time ago

Highlighted
Apprentice
Yes, this is currently the best solution which is achieved by selecting the gestures option and show hints. For the time being, this is what I'm using.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Unfortunately this doesn't restore the function of switching off the 3 button nav bar and it being hidden until you swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
Top Liked Authors