Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Un)Official "Suggestion Thread" (S10 Variants, Galaxy Watch and Buds)

(Topic created on: 24-04-2019 04:18 PM)
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

Howdy

This is an unofficial thread for all suggestions for the latest Galaxy range. Although Unofficial, I have run this past SuperMod @AntS who is in constant contact with the Samung R&D team, as the current suggestion thread is a bit dated, especially with the release of the S10 line, Galaxy Watches and Buds, all within the last few months.

Please don't use this as yet another place to vent your frustrations out on various issues. Suggestions such a:

"HoW aBoUt yOu LeARn to BuILd a ProPeR FoNE"

and

"I SugGEsT yOu STick To WaShInG MaChinEs"

are not overly helpful and serve no purpose to the R&D Team or @AntS, where Comments such as:

"The Fingerprint Icon on the Lock Screen covers notifications when using Certain GoodLock Lockscreens"

We are in a lucky position here where we can get a lot off GOOD feedback to Samsung, So lets make the most of it. If this takes off and is Managable, I'll try and add everything to the Second Post Below.

95 REPLIES 95
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

Buds/Watch

• Have the Option for long Press on the watch Screen/Buttons activate Ambient Sound

Buds

• Case Battery Notification
  • Swipe up/Down Touchpad options possible?

Watch

• Additional Options on Watch for "Show last app".  2 Mins-1 Hour is too long between options IMO

S10

• Replying to a text Message from the Notification banner, if you close screen before it is sent, the incoiming Notification sound will ping. Bit Annoying.
  • Have the option to have Massive Gaps (In Messages, Phone Ect) Able to be removed. I know its part of OneUI and easier for one handed use, but its a lot of wasted screen space to the user.
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Watch

• Add the ability to change the media volume on the phone (e.g. maybe have an official phone volume control app or widget)

LED View Case

• Give us more control over when the LEDs are activated and have the ability to disable the touch controls.
    • Example 1: My phone has re-notifications disabled, however the LED view case will re-notify at regular intervals, which appears to interfere with wireless charging
    • Example 2: When closing the case while listening to music, the music controls pop up and it's very easy to accidentally touch the buttons and switch track.
AntS
Options

Cheers guys! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: I've let our R&D team know about these - and me and the other Mods will let you know how they go. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

Cheers @AntS 

S10:

• Option to remove fingerprint ripple effect from lock screen
  • Option in Apps menu to change to top to bottom scrolling rather then Left to right pages
  • Tapping on a "FaceWidget" open up the rest of the Widgets in a list, rather then scroll (or have a default Facewidget Option)
0 Likes
Amirulah
Explorer
Options

S10:

Immersive mode. 

fsddfsd
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy s10:

Be Able to change the fingerprint unlocking effects

AntS
Options

Hi all.

Responses from the developers on some of these:

• “[Watch] Additional Options on Watch for "Show last app".  2 Mins-1 Hour is too long between options IMO"

No plans from the developers to implement this as they feel that the current setup more intuitively matches the most commonly observed user usage pattern. But the developer's  overall response hints that this situation is one of those ongoing under review ones.

• “[S10] Have the option to have Massive Gaps (In Messages, Phone Ect) Able to be removed. I know its part of OneUI and easier for one handed use, but its a lot of wasted screen space to the user.“

No changes planned to this. I'll quote the developer on it:

'The extended app bar is designed to provide better reachability to user. It is not fixed rather it reacts to user's intent. When user starts to scroll, the extended app bar is collapsed so the top space is removed to show more contents on screen. It is one of our key principle of One UI, the top part is for viewing information and the bottom part is for interaction. Thus, this can't be just option for choosing based on one's preference.'

• “[S10] Replying to a text Message from the Notification banner, if you close screen before it is sent, the incoming Notification sound will ping. Bit Annoying.“

Following a developer meeting where this was discussed, they've concluded that are more people who prefer the current state than those who'd like to get rid of it; so they'd expect more people to feel uncomfortable than those who'd be comfortable if the suggestion was applied. (I'd be interested in where they got the data for that one though... :thinking-face:)

Edit: My contact fluttered their eyelashes at the developer, who is now considering implementing this suggestion on future models.

• “[Watch] Add the ability to change the media volume on the phone (e.g. maybe have an official phone volume control app or widget)“

Developers are considering this suggestion for the next model Galaxy Watch. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

(In my experience, that usually means that there's some tweaks to hardware needed to fully implement the suggestion successfully; or that the suggestion, whilst really good, doesn't quite fit the suggested model's primary design concept.)

AntS
Options

And just to add:

• [Buds] Case Battery Notification
  • [LED View Case] Greater Control over LED and Touch Control Activation

I've been advised that both of these apparently require more on the hardware than software side of things; so I've asked our hardware contact to pass the suggestions on to the relevant hardware teams. It's rare to get feedback from those teams - but if we do hear any, we'll let you know. 

KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

Wow @AntS thanks for getting back to us. Good to see you so proactive. Appreciate it . Got one more for you for now...

S10:

Face match from lock screen shows any "hidden" notifications in full

Sure I'll be back with more ..