Support

Open search

Suggestion to improve fingerprint unlock when face recognition also enabled

SOLVED
Explorer

Face recognition is pretty ***** fast on this phone (S10+), even with fast recognition turned off. I have my phone set to stay on the lock screen until I swipe when it recognises my face as I don't want it randomly going to my home screen when I look at it.

However when I want to unlock my phone I default to trying my fingerprint. The problem here is that I'm obviously trying to unlock my phone and go to the homescreen because I'm using the fingerprint sensor, but the face recognition often picks up my face first, so instead it wants me to swipe to unlock. I think it would be pretty good if, if you're already using the fingerprint sensor then the phone unlocks with your face, it just opens up the phone as if you'd just used the fingerprint sensor.

It's not really a major issue but it would make for a more seamless experience in my opinion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Turn off the swipe to unlock and so its immediate home screen with face reco or fingerprint

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
First Poster

Yesss, same here!

It's very annoying and frustrating that your phone is faster than yourself.

You start your action to unlock...by fingerprint and then need do something else.

Highlighted
Explorer
Turn off the swipe to unlock and so its immediate home screen with face reco or fingerprint

View solution in original post

Explorer

Thanks, this does the job fairly well. I'd still rather keep the swipe to unlock to prevent my phone unlocking unexpectedly and just have the fingerprint attempt count as a swipe, but now that I have a cover for the phone this works pretty well.

Top Liked Authors