Support

Open search

Stutters on Google Chrome Browser S8/S9/S10

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hey guys,

I was so impressed with ONE UI and Galaxy S10 that I had to experience it by myself.

It was frustrating.

I was testing the Google Chrome App on S10 Plus and it stutters when scrolling the pages. I couldn't believe on that.

Why Samsung marketing team and UX just don't see it. It's the same problems as always and the specs in the S10 line barely left space for the "lag" or "stutter" thinking.

What scares me the most is to know that One Plus costs half the price and doesn't have problems with the fluidity of the apps. It's scaring. I'm using a S8 right now and I can honestly say that I'm going to switch when possible. It's not acceptable anymore this limited sight that Sammy has on specs but not in optimization of the apps. I am also considering in going to Apple ecosystem because I can get a XR for about the same price as S10e with 4 or 5 years of updates and because everyone knows that the S8 won't be updated to the Android Q while OnePlus and Xiaomi we'll be providing a 3 year update cycle. Same as the Pixels.

I experienced the same lag with S9 and S8 running One UI.

After all these years I'm done.

You are late, Sammy. And I suggest you to have a good conversation with DJ Koh, he is clearly lost and charging US$1,000 for a phone that lags and stutters is out of your league.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I
On what websites do you experience stuttering? I have tested it on my phone (S9+) but it works properly

Perhaps a slight warning with the iPhone XR: The screen doesn't support full HD, which isn't exactly a sign of a good screen for a device of that price. Other than that the phone is great.

Highlighted
Troubleshooter

@juliograziano wrote:

Hey guys,

I was so impressed with ONE UI and Galaxy S10 that I had to experience it by myself.

It was frustrating.

I was testing the Google Chrome App on S10 Plus and it stutters when scrolling the pages. I couldn't believe on that.

Why Samsung marketing team and UX just don't see it. It's the same problems as always and the specs in the S10 line barely left space for the "lag" or "stutter" thinking.

What scares me the most is to know that One Plus costs half the price and doesn't have problems with the fluidity of the apps. It's scaring. I'm using a S8 right now and I can honestly say that I'm going to switch when possible. It's not acceptable anymore this limited sight that Sammy has on specs but not in optimization of the apps. I am also considering in going to Apple ecosystem because I can get a XR for about the same price as S10e with 4 or 5 years of updates and because everyone knows that the S8 won't be updated to the Android Q while OnePlus and Xiaomi we'll be providing a 3 year update cycle. Same as the Pixels.

I experienced the same lag with S9 and S8 running One UI.

After all these years I'm done.

You are late, Sammy. And I suggest you to have a good conversation with DJ Koh, he is clearly lost and charging US$1,000 for a phone that lags and stutters is out of your league.

Have none of the issues you described.

Its your choice which phone you buy, so if you want to buy into the Apple ecosystem.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I typed "ayumi hamasaki" which is a Japanese singer and the Chrome browser provided everything. Twitter feed, YoutuYo feed, news, images. Felt like the phone didn't manage the ram well and stuttered.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I've been listening to media (MP3's and also streaming, YouTube, etc., Chrome is my default browser). all week and have never had any stuttering problems while scrolling.  This may be an issue with just certain sites.

Highlighted
Navigator

i have this to but not in chorme in every app...sometimes a get sttuterr/lag a couple of second mine is new device just for 3 4 days did at the start update-wipe cache-full reset- no fix at all...this happen when you click fast back button ..you should try this in every app...and eventual you will see it 

Highlighted
Explorer
  • My S8 is not very smooth with Chrome. However, the Samsung internet browser and Opera run totally smooth.
  • I find the Samsung browser the best anyway with totally full screen mode.
  • Just use a different browser .
Highlighted
I bought s8plus when it came out, I mostly use phones for gaming, I do care about display and performance and quite care about camera, but my s8plus started lagging after few updates that I installed, android 8 had a lot improvement on it , I still wasn't happy with it so I went for s9plus , and I bought it , it was way way better than my s8plus in gaming but still extremely laggy, in games which are multi player, ( in crowded places, lagging is extreme) on my s9plus , btw both are 128gb version, I don't understand I paid about 2000$ for lagging! I told this to my friends and they said you ( i) could've buy poco phone f1 and they said it's not about amount of money, or high price tag, they were most likely right , I understand this that Samsung is perfect in display and maybe in camera but worst in gaming ( I knew the display and camera, Samsung is best) but in 2019 I understand Samsung is the phones about gaming even snapdragon on us models can't achieve that much performance but still way better than exinos, Samsung kernel is extremely limited, they lost performance and they gained security but other devices have both how Samsung doesn't?!!!! Idk , software is horrible on Samsung phones I was a big fan of Samsung yes I WAS I'm not anymore , maybe when Samsung take my attention again with their custom gpu or something better ( this is just a possibility) I'd try it, now I type this with my s8plus i use s9plus only for gaming that it's quite good for gaming , i know SOSCs have life time so i don't use it that much may heat damage the that stylish exinos! , I use package disabler and custom launchers to reduce laggs, my idea was quite helpful but still laggs are there cuz it's in kernel ( I suppose) most people don't like custom kernels or custom roms like me , I know I can install them but I don't like to even at worst performance situations, Huawei will be most people hero if they done their job well , I haven't seen any laggs on my friend's p20 pro , on same games that I played on my s9plus I even tried with same internet to make sure, I've never own another phone than Samsung , I've experienced a lot phone but no (not owned) as i told i was a Samsung fan, until now that's why I didn't bought the s10 plus I have no idea which phone is better ( no I can't deal with apple ecosystem, I don't hate it just
, I'm not fit with their rules) I gonna keep my patience and wait for 5 nanometer chips and I'll buy one plus 8pro or 9pro ( whatever it will called) I won't do same mistake I won't buy first product of 5 nanometer chip phones, cuz first product of 10 nanometer on s8 already was horrible, second generation , I'll go for it , I'm done with Samsung , Samsung didn't care about customers , don't care , and won't care, cuz they have tons of things to make money and these laggs won't stop some or actually most Samsung crazy fans to buying it , they will grow faster and better as always but , Samsung will lose some buyers, it's ok with Samsung and it's ok with people who done with Samsung , just thoese people will go or have to go for others phone than a big brand , I don't want to, or I didn't meant any offense to Samsung , I just said the truth, and one thing manufacturers will do what they want , only thing customer must ( should, can) do is deal with it , always have been like this in history, ( all guys know what I mean if they know , what happened in TV coming century), ((and I have
to say this some people say I have the same phone like s9plus or s9 or s8plus or s8 and they say I didn't see any laggs I don't have lagg blah blah blah, only few people are picky and their eyes can see it ( I'm too just in case) people with high vision IQ or vision smartness can see it their focus or their vision , looking style are different , so don't push on these people , PLEASE , those people can see very minor laggs , but we're talking about serious lagging,)) .
thanks . I wanted to share my experience.
Highlighted
Observer

im using s9 exynos version, scrolling on youtube app it stuttering everytime.. 

Highlighted
Yeah same with mine
Using s9 plus with one ui 2 and chrome lags however this was not the case with one ui.
Its just the chrome that lags and samsung browser is working fine.
Top Liked Authors