Support

Open search

Still recieving notification sound after Do Not Disturb is turned on

First Poster

I have noticed this on the new Note 10+ too. What I have found in my troubleshooting is that the exception for messages drives if the apps still sound. When I have the messages exception to none, it's quit. When I have messages exception to all, they come through. I haven't tried favorite contacts yet because all my contacts are my favorites lol 

Apprentice

My Note 9 FINALLY works as it should in this area. The primary settings are as in the picture here. I don't know if it was an update that let it happen or not. I do know it was after changing settings, clearing caches, and restarting the phone. Hope others can find their solutions!Screenshot_20190904-121012_Settings.jpgAllow exceptions menu from Do Not Disturb settings options

First Poster

Yours kind of mirror's what my investigation found. Having a restriction on who messages are accepted from seems to be the flawed functionality. In my case I want all my texts to come through for this particular use of DND. So, when I set that to all then apps come in also. 
@Real_Sandman wrote:

My Note 9 FINALLY works as it should in this area. The primary settings are as in the picture here. I don't know if it was an update that let it happen or not. I do know it was after changing settings, clearing caches, and restarting the phone. Hope others can find their solutions!Screenshot_20190904-121012_Settings.jpgAllow exceptions menu from Do Not Disturb settings options

First Poster

I have no exceptions.  Only messages coming through make a sound.  To fix the problem android needs to add an exception for text messages so you as a user could choose to allow to sound.

First Poster
Did not work for me. My android version does not have a setting to turn off messages for do not disturb.
Top Liked Authors