Support

Open search

Still recieving notification sound after Do Not Disturb is turned on

Apprentice

I have this issue too. I've also noticed when my phones not on silent it plays the two notification sounds at the exact same time. On other forums ibe found something about blutooth headphones it may be trying to send a notification to the headphones even though they're no longer connected

Apprentice
Thanks for the reply 3watts, I will try and reproduce the error and be mindful of my recent bluetooth connectivity 👍
Hopefully there is a fix soon.
First Poster

I've never used headphones however I do connect it to my car via bluetooth....

First Poster

This is the most frustrating issue I've had with a smartphone....has anyone found a solution? I also thought it was related to my BT headphones but also happens when they are disconnected

First Poster

Also having the exact same issue..! The notifications also seem to loop on-top of eachother, which is very strange.

I've been using bluetooth headphones for almost a year, however I've never had this issue in the past.

Apprentice
Yeah that happens as well for me
Apprentice

I think I finally solved it on mine s10e with the same problem. The problem seems to be with the google assistant.

(Mine is not in English, so the menus could be a little different)

1. “Settings”
  2. “Apps”
  3. On the three dots on the upper right, select “Special Access”
  4. “Notification Access”
  5. Turn off the Google toggle

That`s it, worked for me. Let me know if it works for you.

First Poster

I'm having the same issue. I've found that if I mute the media volume/disable the exception for media volume, then all incoming notifications are silent. Otherwise if I would like to listen to music or watch videos while the Do Not Distrub is active, then my phone rings for all incoming notifications. I have not seen this issue back in March or Apirl. Seems like a new bug introduced by the lastest update

First Poster

Hi KevinTheStudent. This method has worked for me also... but it is very frustrating to have the volume turned down all the time. I agree it is only a very recent issue that has appeared in a recent update. 

Apprentice
Hey, try my fix posted 2 days ago above has fixed my phone everything works as normal now exact same issues your phone had
Top Liked Authors