Support

Open search

Still recieving notification sound after Do Not Disturb is turned on

First Poster

Thanks - I'll give that a go!

First Poster

For me on another phone, it seems turning off the "Allow Repeat Callers" - If same person calls a second time within a 15min periode... If i turn off that setting in do not disturb settings, undercalls sort my issue with that problem.

Highlighted
First Poster

This has finally been fixed, at least for me, with last weeks update. I'd hope samsung would have said "sorry" too but at least I don't hate my phone any more 

Just Browsing

After security patch from June 1st, unfortunatelly still the same issue. In my case it looks like unread messages somehow pass "Do not disturb" algorithm if I leave message unread for more than 1 day. But this is just my guess, as I do not see any new notification, just loud notification sound with vibration in the middle of the night wakes me up.

Apprentice

I have the Note 9. I have the DND set up to receive calls or messages from only my favorite contacts. All sounds are still coming through for text messages (not sure about other calls at this point). I followed the settings for DND, set it up, but sounds still come through. It is very frustrating.

First Poster

I am having the same issue with Galaxy S10 Plus, model number SM-G975U. 

DnD is on

Alarms: On

Media: Off 

Touch Sounds: Off

Calls from 'Favorite Contacts only'

Messages from: 'Favorite contacts only'

Repeat Callers: Off

Event/task alerts: On

Reminders On

Android Version 9:

Kernal Version 4.14.78.

Provider: Verizon

Android Security Patch level July 1, 2019

I have tried every combination possible, but it notification still sounds when a Non Favorite email comes in. 

The odd thing is that somewhere along the line they changed the working for 'Starred' to 'Favorite' in DnD.    I wonder if this is a clue to resolving the issue somehow. 

Apprentice

I have been able to get everything silenced with DnD except for other text messages. I have the settings much like you listed, and no email notifications come through. All texts do, however, come through and I'm wanting to only get them from my "favorites." I'm not sure about calls because I haven't received any while DnD was on.

Media is off; sound is on; ringtone is on; notifications is on; system sound is on; and with these settings, I get no email notifications but get all texts not just from favorites.

@IrishDudeOh wrote:

I am having the same issue with Galaxy S10 Plus, model number SM-G975U. 

DnD is on

Alarms: On

Media: Off 

Touch Sounds: Off

Calls from 'Favorite Contacts only'

Messages from: 'Favorite contacts only'

Repeat Callers: Off

Event/task alerts: On

Reminders On

Android Version 9:

Kernal Version 4.14.78.

Provider: Verizon

Android Security Patch level July 1, 2019

I have tried every combination possible, but it notification still sounds when a Non Favorite email comes in. 

The odd thing is that somewhere along the line they changed the working for 'Starred' to 'Favorite' in DnD.    I wonder if this is a clue to resolving the issue somehow. 

First Poster
Same problem here with a s10 + ...unable to fix it
Explorer

This DND bug also happened on my Huawei P20 Pro after updating to Android 9.1 and is still present on that device too. The point i'm making is that i'm convinced this is an Android bug and not a bug caused by Samsung directly.

First Poster

I resolved my issue by switching back to Google messenger as the default messenger app. 

Top Liked Authors