Support

Open search

Screen tint

First Poster

My screen isn't white, in fact it has a yellow tint and a lack of blue. No settings can rectify this and, to be honest, I find it really distracting. I'm aware that they've reduced the blue light emitted but, to this extent? Photos and movies have a retro feel and I'm not sure I can put up with it. Anybody else have this problem or could I have a defective unit?

7 REPLIES 7
Superuser I
Superuser I

I would say, go to a store and compare your screen with theirs. If the tint is difference you might have a faulty screen.

The blue light filter option might also make it more yellowish, perhaps you might wish to turn it off

Screenshot_20190316-185935_Samsung Internet.jpg

Troubleshooter

@comerchrisco wrote:

My screen isn't white, in fact it has a yellow tint and a lack of blue. No settings can rectify this and, to be honest, I find it really distracting. I'm aware that they've reduced the blue light emitted but, to this extent? Photos and movies have a retro feel and I'm not sure I can put up with it. Anybody else have this problem or could I have a defective unit?

Go to setting / Display Blue filter turn off. See how it looks

C4C7E3E7-02F2-494A-927B-D6E6BC87AE46.jpeg2F4D9760-EC6F-4B81-AC06-9F53D1EFE021.jpeg

First Poster

Blu light filter was the first thing I tried. Generally the colours aren't too bad. But watch Netflix or iplayer or any video and photos, the colours appear to change. I've tried all colour settings available (including the colours in the accessibility menu and video enhancing). I may nip into the Samsung store tomorrow. 

I have the exact same problem. In fact, my screen takes a yellowish tint each time I open my gallery to watch photos or videos. It then goes back to normal colors when I exit gallery. I also have the Samsung S9+ and compared both screens' tiny. There's clearly an issue with the S10+. I tried everything, including turning off the blue light filter...
Superuser I
Superuser I

@comerchrisco, try to set vivid colors. Go to: Settings > Display > Screen mode > Vivid. You can find more information about color settings in below threads:

Galaxy s10 plus desaturated wrong colors

Galaxy s10 screen dull

S10 Camera Saturation Problem

Galaxy S10 Yellowish Screen Display

Korzystaj z forum wygodnie i komfortowo - Oto kilka dobrych praktyk!Jeśli moja odpowiedź była pomocna, kliknij LIKE lub ZAAKCEPTUJ JAKO ROZWIĄZANIE.
First Poster

I got the same problem. Might it be the HDR10? I get ranbow tints when i watch netflix. I tried all settings, even turned off the video enhancement.

Looks really cheap..

Does anyone know why the colors change so much when watching Netflix? 

Highlighted

I have the exact same problem. In fact, my screen takes a yellowish tint each time I open my gallery to watch photos or videos. It then goes back to normal colors when I exit gallery. I also have the Samsung S8+ and compared both screens' tiny. There's clearly an issue with the S10+. I tried everything, including turning off the blue light filter...

Top Liked Authors