Support

Open search

Samsung s10 is Blocked

First Poster

I'm from Ukraine and I have bought few days ago in my country Samsung s10. It was at almost new condition, but unpacked. It was works fine few hours after I buy it. When I came home, I make full reset and start data transfer from my old samsung phone. It ask to update some components and then it blockes. On the screen I can see the message with some code and I just can write PIN code. I cant do anything with is. I have contacted my local Samsung customer service, and received an answer that this phone is not corporate and must not be blocked. Thay send me manual to wipe data\hard reset. But it doesn't work. In recovery mode hard reset is forbidden. I can't do anything with this phone.

And I dont know why it is blocked.

I have wrote to e-mail address that shown on block screen, but 3 days have no answer.

Yesterday I have contacted Samsung customer support via WEB-form from Italy site (It seams to be my phone from Italy, but I am not sure), but I have no answer from them too.

Does anyone know why it is locked and how to unlock it?

1.jpg4.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

That could mean that you bought a stolen device, where the user has activated certain security measures. You'll have to contact Samsung, only Samsung can override this.

First Poster

It is a first that I do, but from email that shown on the block screen I have no answer from 01/12/2019 and my local Ukraine official customer support center say just only that it mustn't be locked and provide me instruction as I have wrute in first message )

Just have received answer for my question that I send via WEB-form Samsung Customer support Italy site, they wrote that it looks like old google account was not deleted before I reset the phone. But I have no google account added before reset to factory settings..  In some time we will see how our further correspondence ends with them. 

When I search via internet email that I can see at block screen it seams to be Samsung Italy support  center, so I decided to wrote them too.

Maybe you know samsung global support email? Or central for europe? I don't know from what country is my phone, who blocked my phone and who can unlock my phone.

It is surprising to me that Samsung locks the phone some time after its purchase. I have never heard of this before.
I understood that the phone is from another country, oddly enough, Phones from EU or USA in my country are about 20-30% cheaper than certified for Ukraine. But I did not hear from anyone that they were blocked. We have about half samsung phones from EU or USA and this is not illegal.
How then to be sure that I buy a work phone through ebay or Amazon from an individual, if your phone can block itself with time?
How to insure against a similar event in the future?

@tys1303 wrote:

How to insure against a similar event in the future?

1. Only ever buy from a known vendor.

2. Make sure that you can return the device if problems arise.

3. Only ever accept a device that is in original condition with respect to its operating system.

4. Never ever buy a device that obviously has been configured or customized in any way.

First Poster

You say the right things.

But in my case the seller answers calls, but asks for some time to deal with the problem. I still don’t know exactly whether it is fraud or not. But the strange thing is that for 5 days now no one can tell me what happened to the phone and why.
If someone gives me an unambiguous answer that this phone is stolen or purposefully blocked for certain reasons, I will demand a refund from the seller directly or through the police. But so far I hear only possible guesses.

I still have not received a conclusion from Samsung that it is blocked intentionally, so that's why I asked for help here

@tys1303 wrote:

You say the right things.

But in my case the seller answers calls, but asks for some time to deal with the problem. I still don’t know exactly whether it is fraud or not. But the strange thing is that for 5 days now no one can tell me what happened to the phone and why.
If someone gives me an unambiguous answer that this phone is stolen or purposefully blocked for certain reasons, I will demand a refund from the seller directly or through the police. But so far I hear only possible guesses.

I still have not received a conclusion from Samsung that it is blocked intentionally, so that's why I asked for help here

Have a look at : https://pangu.in/mdm-not-allow-factory-reset-phone-reboot/ . It says :

MDM does not allow factory reset. The phone will reboot automatically

It is a security feature in Samsung mobile phone which is made for Samsung stores. basically, manufactured only for the shop display the features of mobile phones.

You cannot use this kind of mobile phone personally because it is manufactured by the company only for the showing the features in the mobile phone.

if you see MDM does not allow factory reset. that means it is a demo device which is given by the Samsung company for demo purpose.

MDM does not allow factory data reset is kind of security feature in Samsung mobile phones

This security does not allow the user to reset the demo mobile phone. This security is enabled by Samsung manufactured because if the device is on display a demo and I am no news or fake tree reset the phone then all the demo videos will be removed, that’s why Samsung has enabled the security in demo mobile phone.

Top Liked Authors