Support

Open search

Samsung s10 Android 10 no Play Store Security Updates

Highlighted
Navigator

I don't understand Samsung policy for security updates on andorid 10 ...why we don't receive only security update trough google play store ? without system reboot 

https://www.android.com/android-10/

So why need for Android 10 wihtout the benefit of it ?>

7 REPLIES 7

You mean the following ?

"Android devices already get regular security updates. And in Android 10, you'll get them even faster and easier. With Google Play system updates, important Security and Privacy fixes can now be sent directly to your phone from Google Play, just the same way all your other apps update. So you get these fixes as soon as they are available."

Maybe the answer is given here :

https://www.howtogeek.com/356365/why-android-no-longer-needs-a-cache-partition/

It seems that Google implemented a new way to do things around the installation of android, and that Samsung didn't follow suit. 

As for the benefits of Android 10, I think that's basically the One UI 2 .

Navigator

this is strange because samsung don't have any control of google play...for ex:

If I'm android 10 like we are now on s10 when google publish the security update we will receive it trough play store...I don't know if this issue is from google or from samsung because play store is form google not from samsung ..maybe samsung will answer this 

@MirceaForce wrote:

this is strange because samsung don't have any control of google play...for ex:

If I'm android 10 like we are now on s10 when google publish the security update we will receive it trough play store...I don't know if this issue is from google or from samsung because play store is form google not from samsung ..maybe samsung will answer this 

Yes, Samsung doesn't control the Google Play Store, Google does that. And Samsung Updates won't be published via it.

Navigator

I'm refering only to the security updates ..not the samsung updates 

@MirceaForce wrote:

I'm refering only to the security updates ..not the samsung updates 

And the difference is what ? Samsung smartphones get their security updates via Samsung updates.

Navigator

this is not good ..we should get them faster via play store because they are security and this is the main purpose of android 10 

@MirceaForce wrote:

this is not good ..we should get them faster via play store because they are security and this is the main purpose of android 10 

Well, as far as Samsung goes it obviously isn't

Top Liked Authors