Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung internet quick access

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 07:00 AM)
swarhurst
Student
Options

I installed the latest system update yesterday and since then when I open Samsung Internet and open a new tab instead of displaying my quick access links it displays the google search page. I thought I had lost them altogether but they do appear when you click on the address bar in a kind of popup. My settings are set to default the home page to quick access which seems at odds with this behaviour. This is either a bug or a really bad UI design decision. Anyone else get this? Is there a fix?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm on the new update and quick access always shows up as set in my default Internet Browser @swarhurst 

If this was my phone I'd first clear the caches etc of the phones internet browser app.

If that didn't work then clear the phones system cache files by turning the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache. No info is lost this way.

A last resort would be a factory reset after backing up and removing the Sd card if relevant.

Screenshot_20200305-053236_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pressing New tab takes me to Quick Access.Pressing New tab takes me to Quick Access.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm on the new update and quick access always shows up as set in my default Internet Browser @swarhurst 

If this was my phone I'd first clear the caches etc of the phones internet browser app.

If that didn't work then clear the phones system cache files by turning the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache. No info is lost this way.

A last resort would be a factory reset after backing up and removing the Sd card if relevant.

Screenshot_20200305-053236_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pressing New tab takes me to Quick Access.Pressing New tab takes me to Quick Access.

swarhurst
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply.  I cleared the browser cache and it didn't appear to work but then I restarted the phone and then in the browser settings it showed Google as the homepage. Switching to quick access then of course fixed it. The update must have changed the homepage default to google but not updated the settings or something.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @swarhurst 

Glad to hear this has now been sorted for you  :smiling-face:

Take care.

0 Likes