Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung contacts doesn't load contact photos in full resolution only miniatures when syncing with Google account.

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 12:11 PM)
Jankoval
Voyager
Options

After the update to android 10 my s10e doesn't load contact pictures from my Google account in full resolution, only small miniatures which are pixelated. I have performed full factory reset, didn't recover from backup copy, just new system from scratch. Even when you add a new contact, set a new photo for this contact everything is fine until you perform a synchronisation with Google account. Then the photo gets small. What is more bizarre, the photo on your Google account was uploaded in full resolution. The solution for now that I found was to download Google contacts app from play store, and then when you open any contact in this app the photo gets downloaded in full resolution and stays in that resolution in Samsung contacts!

Anyone facing the same? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jankoval
Voyager
Options
I've just got a reply from Samsung that this bug will be fixed in the next update.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Yeah I noticed them being pixelated last night , wasn't sure how to sort it 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Note 10+ same problem.

0 Likes
Solution
Jankoval
Voyager
Options
I've just got a reply from Samsung that this bug will be fixed in the next update.
0 Likes
mariuspad
First Poster
Options
yep, its annoying.
0 Likes
AymanAmin
First Poster
Options
hi I got the z fold two and some of my contacts I can add photo to it but most of it I can't.. any one can tell me y and any way I can do it . on my old phone iPhone it was do easy but this is my first Samsung phone. so I'm new for android.. thank
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Have you tried editing the contact ? 

0 Likes