Support

Open search

Samsung S10E Review

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

I have no issues with my password managers actually. It might be that bitwardens core market is Apple Users. (Every app developer has their own focusses). 

As I said: Its best to pick whatever fits best for you. For me its a Samsung Galaxy Phone, for you its clearly iOS Personally I could not live with the limitations Apple has for their smartphones and tablets but I can understand that its perfect for some people

My banks (ING and Bunq) support fingerprints for their apps on Samsung devices. That said, its up to the banks to decide what devices and authentication methods they trust (In my experience if they don't have trust they tend to stop with the authentication method for the affected phones). In the end its up to the bank to decide what phones/fingerprint sensors they wish to support.

Actually there are hardware standards for apple devices. The standard is effectively what apple releases. They decide the standard of what is, or is not allowed on there (With all disadvantages and advantages that it brings).

Highlighted
Apprentice

Well to say you don't have any issues with password managers on Andriod I would call you out on that I think your talking BS but that's just my opiion.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Sorry to hear that you don't trust me. Its my opinion and experience and you are free to disagree with it - Even though I would have preferred to not have my opinion called "BS" (I consider that quite disrespectful).

In the end I'm happy with the downsides you voice considering it will make my phone better in the future (As I said, Samsung loves constructive feedback). But I believe that the paint you made is an issue with the specific apps.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Sorry for saying you are talking BS however this is incredabily fustrating expereince.  The problem 100% is not with just one app. The probelm here is 100% to do with how fragmented Andriod is.  After doing a little bit of research is would show this in clear day light and only someone lookong thru there lovely rose tinted Samsung glasses would disagree.

So to get this clear the probem is this I when I get to a particular website example booking.com and using FireFox or Brave browser neither will prompt if i want to use autofill using Birwarden or Dashlane.

However if I use Google Chrome this it works perfectly.  So yes the issue would see to be the one below.

"While most other browsers, such as Firefox and Edge, have adopted this interface, they sometimes implement it differently or can interfere with its performance. "  Hence with Apple because they make the hardware and write there own software stuff JUST WORKS!

It would seem that see below: (Which was foind on the Dashlane website i.e not BitWardens site).

Autofill in browsers on Android 9 and above

Android 9 introduced a way for Dashlane to autofill in browsers that's directly integrated with the OS.

This replaces the accessibility service we had developed for Android 8 and below to scan and autofill browser applications like Google Chrome. The new solution uses less battery and will not suffer from a problem some users encountered with the accessibility service being disabled.

On Android 9, Dashlane’s autofill capability is based on an interface created by Google. As such, this interface is seamlessly integrated in Chrome. While most other browsers, such as Firefox and Edge, have adopted this interface, they sometimes implement it differently or can interfere with its performance. Though Dashlane tries to actively adapt to these differences, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that the autofill in these browsers will work in every case. If despite our best efforts your autofill is not working as expected, you can still activate Auto-login for websites (our autofill based on your device’s accessibility service), just as you would on Android 8 or below."

It would seem that Andriod Devices below 7 use the Andriod Disability Service and devices running 8 and above use Andriod Autofill Api.

The fact that I am runningAndriod 10 means it should be using Andriod Autofill Api.  It would be intresting to see what version of Anadriod you are running Sjorsk.  Maybe only Chrome is working because Google make Chrome and they made sure the API works.  Perhaps all the other browsers don't support the APi in Andriod 10?

Eiether way as an end user I just want something that works all the time, I have a day job fixing Windows all day why on earth would I want to come home and try to fix my mobile.  This is why people by Apple phones and this is why Apple have amazing customer service scores.

Highlighted
Voyager

Sjorsk,

I understand to a degree how not including something like a fast charger in say countries where avg outlet cant support the electical strain (I know its impossible.  I just gave a very generic example). How include a 7G antena for markets that just got the 4G.

But:

1. If you make a decision to skimp out on on inferior component that is cheaper to make. You DONT stick the same price (,or higher) as the 100% unrestricted spec market. That is in no way ok. No one can convince me that this is even remotely acceptable. 

2. CPU is arguably the most used/utilised and important component. Giving anyone slower CPU unless they were given an option to spec it that way (like how you can spec a car or laptop) for maybe cheaper final price. Is complete no go.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Venom7000We completely agree at that point ^-^ I don't like the practice of delivering worse CPU's to our market for the same price.

@ukmercenaryI don't use Chrome due to privacy reasons. Personally I prefer the Samsung browser I personally had a negative experience with Apple support last week (Basically they advertised something, but did not deliver due to technical issues. Somehow I got random French error messages while I can't speak a word french). Their support wasn't that helpful either. (Related to AppleTV offer). As stated before, I had my fair issues with Apple Products so I do disagree with the "It just works" argument. I do however agree that when it works, it works well. Until you get an issue, in that case you are kinda screwed. 

One downside with Apple Mobile is that they enforce the usage of webkit (Which unfortunately reduces the freedom of choice in terms of Rendering engine) and personally I kinda hate webkit. (I prefer the fork created by Google. And inside that category I prefer a browser without Google Integration). I do agree that forcing the same engine underneath the skin has its benefits but it definitely also has downsides too (Most importantly: No choice between rendering engines is bad for browser competition and iOS website clearly isn't the most compliant unfortunately.

My default mobile browser is the Samsung Browser (Which somehow is the best at using the web standards) (Link: https://html5test.com/results/mobile.html ). My password managers are 1password and Samsung Pass (I use on MacOS both 1password and keychain).

Screenshot_20191225-132823_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Apprentice
Hmm I am running Andriod 10 and One Ui version 2, is possible to roll back ?
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Unfortunately not :( Once its upgraded even the factory reset is overridden (and upgraded to android 10). If you are in the Beta it should be possible to downgrade but I don't think that you are in the Beta.

My phone doesn't have the update yet.

Highlighted
Apprentice

I must also add one Drive does not work correctly on my Anadriod Device currently it backs up screeen shots even though I have told it not to.  I have a call open with Microsoft but dealing with them is like putting nails in my eyes.

Another issue is how scratch resistant the Samsung S10E screen is I have only had it about a month and am very careful with it and have managed to scratch it.  My iphone 6s I had for 3 years and did not seem to scratch as badly.  I don't really understand as Samsung make the screens for Apple? however I suspect Apple put some kind of extra layer on their devices.

Highlighted
Apprentice

It looks like this by design so clearly Samsung engineers have no clue how to engineer software...

https://beebom.com/save-screenshots-outside-camera-roll-samsung-miui-poco/

Top Liked Authors