Support

Open search

Samsung Device care app & secure folder

Apprentice

So iv set up a secure folder added a few apps to the folder, then uninstall them on the main phone, so it looks like there not there at all, till your in the folder it's self.

But if i got to Setting - device care - battery. They still show up with the battery usage of the app.

With the app icon with little folder icon in the corner indicating there in the secure folder.

But if i go to Setting - digital welbeing any of apps used in the secure folder are shown as "other" which is great.

So for me having the app show up in device care pretty much defeats the point of the secure folder.

Is there anyway of stopping them showing up in the device care app?

15 REPLIES 15
Troubleshooter

@Lexxel wrote:

So iv set up a secure folder added a few apps to the folder, then uninstall them on the main phone, so it looks like there not there at all, till your in the folder it's self.

But if i got to Setting - device care - battery. They still show up with the battery usage of the app.

With the app icon with little folder icon in the corner indicating there in the secure folder.

But if i go to Setting - digital welbeing any of apps used in the secure folder are shown as "other" which is great.

So for me having the app show up in device care pretty much defeats the point of the secure folder.

Is there anyway of stopping them showing up in the device care app?

It's in the secure folder no one can access the apps you have in there, even if you see them in Device care thats only showing how much battery is being used by the apps.  they cant be opened.

Apprentice

Yea i do get that, but i don't want it to be visible at all, or how much time iv sent using that app. 

Troubleshooter

@Lexxel wrote:

Yea i do get that, but i don't want it to be visible at all, or how much time iv sent using that app. 

It is what it is.

Apprentice

Well I hope it's fixed in a future update. 

Troubleshooter

Nothing to fix!!

This has no effect on the functionality of the phone. If you don’t want it to show uninstall the app, and you will no longer see it in the list.

First Poster
Hi Lexxel,
Unlike what Calin19 has replied, I agreed that this is a security breach.
You don't keep a safe with windows for people to be able to see what's inside.

I am also looking for a way around that, as I want the service to be totally hidden and inaccessible.
Troubleshooter

Could you enlighten me and explain what security has been breached!! No one can access anything you have put in secure folder, unless they have the passcode. 

only thing  that is visible is the battery usage and uptime for a particular app, so if that is a security breach I stand corrected.

First Poster

Well, the way I see it. Everything I put in a safe, must be not only inacessible, but hidden as well.

I agree, no one has access to it unless the have the code, but they have are able to see what apps I am using, something I'd rather avoid. Hence, the safe folder.

No one is meant to see anything inside, not even what apps are being used. That's why I consider it a breach.

Troubleshooter

You can move the settings icon into the secure folder, but you still have access to setting by other means. If they don’t have access to your phone, how can they see what apps you have been using??

Still don’t see it as a security breach!!