Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9/S10 new update Autocorrect not working

(Topic created on: 19-02-2020 08:52 PM)
Absneg
Apprentice
Options
Hello, i have a  S9 phone and it was working fine. Sine January 2020 update was installed on my phone, auto correction stopped working. I have gone through the keyboard settings and ensured the relavant options are ticked off but the problem is not resolved. I also uninstalled UK English keyboard and replaced it with the USA English keyboard as indicated by another user, but still i am having the same issue. Appreciate your assistance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Absneg: To troubleshoot your issue please go to Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-Screen Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Smart Typing > Make Sure that Predictive Text and Auto Correction are toggled on > Back > About Samsung Keyboard > Tap the 'i' in the top right > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your S9. Please be aware that this will remove any personal settings from your keyboard.

View solution in context

48 REPLIES 48
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this was my situation I'd try the following in order @Absneg 

First try Settings _ Apps _ Samsung Keyboard _ Storage _ Clear Data and Cache.

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache. No info is lost this way.

2. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones Live and then see what happens. This would help determine if a.downloaded app was somehow affecting the keyboard.

3. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort.

4. Seek hands on via a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
maisondasilva
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here in Portuguese (Brazilian) clean cache and delete database keyboard not fix problem

0 Likes
maisondasilva
Journeyman
Options

In my s9 plus have keyboard Samsung Keyboard 3.5.41.10 not have problem version problem in my s10 is Samsung Keyboard 3.5.41.15

Thanks

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Absneg: To troubleshoot your issue please go to Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-Screen Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Smart Typing > Make Sure that Predictive Text and Auto Correction are toggled on > Back > About Samsung Keyboard > Tap the 'i' in the top right > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your S9. Please be aware that this will remove any personal settings from your keyboard.
maisondasilva
Journeyman
Options

Friend found a solution, goes in input language and has the language pack updated

photo_2020-02-20_13-08-55.jpg

Absneg
Apprentice
Options

GREAT!! My problem got resolved. Thanks.

Absneg
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Andrew this worked
galoleon
First Poster
Options

I already did all the steps but the autocorrector does not work, put the words you are writing but it does not work to correct the words. I have an S10 +.

0 Likes
Thedeejay
First Poster
Options
Thanks, fix worked...
0 Likes