Support

Open search

S10e screen shows scratches within 2 weeks of careful usage..

Highlighted
First Poster

I agree. Mine is also new and I have scratches all over it, even though I am super careful. Don't know where most of them came from. Not impressed. Had an S8 for around 2 years and it never had a mark on it.

Highlighted
First Poster

As said: It is the plastic factory installed screen protector that scratches, not the gorilla glass. The protector is almost invisible but it is there. Teun

Highlighted
First Poster

Is this plastic factory protector something that can be removed? As I can't see it to remove it? Thanks

Highlighted
First Poster

We indeed found that there was a factory installed screen protector which we replaced with a glass one. It's difficult to see because the glass is flat on an s10e, but you can feel a slight ridge at the corners. The factory fitted protector comes off quite easily once one corner is lifted. 

Highlighted
First Poster

So there is. Just seen it and removed it.  It really is almost invisible. Had to get a work friend with better eyes than me to find it. Thanks all for your help. Pic attached for others who may want to do the same thing.15797296921957610980934914920124.jpg

Highlighted
Navigator
The s10 ist the first Galaxy since the s1 which I managed to get tons of micro scratches and 2 major scratches in. S1, s3, note4, s8, all used in the same manner, none of these screens was as scratch sensitive as the s10 screen. I've used it without the factory protector for only a few days, first scratches appeared. It's very disappointing.
Gruß,
Stefan
--
Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S20 Ultra 128, Galaxy Watch & Buds v1
Highlighted
Explorer

Same issue here with the S10. Bought last week, but already seeing scratches. I am always very careful with my devices. I have an 2 years old S9 without any usage marks. (Reason I bought a new phone is because of the battery of the S9 which didn't last for 12hrs any more) I also still have an S6 at home which I used to use for 2 years as well, also no usage marks / scratches. 

What is the screen of the S10 made off, this shouldn't be possible after one week of usage!

Highlighted
First Poster

I had the same issue, but as someone here commented, S10 comes with a built in screen protector.  The protector gets the scratches, and it is so tight onto the screen that it seems the scratches are on the glass, but no, they are in the protector.  You just check at the edges in the corner of the screen and will feel with your fingers where the protector ends, it is a very thin layer, but still you will feel it.

I apologize to samsung, but someone should explain this feature when you buy the phone.

Highlighted
Explorer
Didnt notice the screenprotactor. Thanks for the tip.
Highlighted
First Poster

Hi,

I have a S10 plus.

Afrer my discusion with customer service I am a bit disapointed. They said is imposible the screen to scratch. I had before a S7 and no problem with the screen. I am using just a flip case from Samsung and I managed to scratch the screen. 

This hapened one month after I bougth the phone.

Top Liked Authors