Support

Open search

S10e screen shows scratches within 2 weeks of careful usage..

Highlighted
First Poster

the same story here. i had before LG g7 and, regardles the quality of G phones itself, after 2 years the screen surface looked better than s10 after 3 weeks of very careful use

Highlighted
Helping Hand

@StellarTraveler wrote:

@Rosemalen43 wrote:

I'm offering this advice very carefully! However. I also bought an S10e about 6 weeks ago (September 2019).

Scratches started appearing immediately in exactly the same way as the original poster described. I am usually very careful with my devices. Previously I had a budget ZTE Axon7 which was barely scratched after two years of use.

Like everyone else, I also read that the S10e didn't come out of the box with a protective screen (unlike the S10). But on closer inspection, today, I noticed a small bubble at one edge and took the plunge. After careful inspection, there was a protective screen and it did peel off.

My advice is, look carefully. You can see a slight ridge of the protective cover very close to the bezel around the front of the device. And once you lift one corner, it should peel off very easily.

Needless to say I am going to buy a decent screen protector and case right now. 

whitestone dome glass is highly recommended and not plastic. https://www.whitestonedome.com/?sscid=b1k3_7ehof&

Had mine since August and zero micro scratch due to proper care and handling.

Highlighted
First Poster

I recently bought an S10, so dissatisfied with the screen. It scratches so easily. None of my previous phones had that problem it's really disappointing. I don't like to use screen protectors, I've never needed them, I rather change the phone to something better, really terrible flaw in this product. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Same here! My 1 year old S9 has zero scratch. My 1 week old S10 has many deep scratches. It's a shame Samsung and a very big mistake that you made a step back with the screen. 

Thinking to switch back to S9...

Highlighted
First Poster

I thought I had the same issue. But just discovered the S10 came with a preinstalled plastic screenprotector (in the Netherlands). Which of course is easily scratched. The protector is almost invisible, check your phone and you may be happy again

Highlighted
First Poster

Yes you are right. I realized it later. And happily you can buy a new one if you want to replace it:
https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/galaxy-s10-screen-protector-transparent-...

Highlighted

Yes mine too. It has been 12 days now with my new galaxy s10e and there are a lot of scratches already. It is like it gets those scratches from just pulling them out of my pocket because I am too carefull with it. I have never had a phone screen scratch so easily like this before and I wonder how Samsung can allow this on a top device.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Same here I had mine about a week and it got scratched before that I was using an iphone 6s for 3 years and no scratches. I suspect Samsung have cut corners here and not applied some kind of protective coating. The first scratch was as the top and I could live with but the next one is a visable deep scratch in the middle which is very annoying.  The second scratch occured whilst I was waiting for my order on a screen protector.   Over all my biggest dissapoiment is how shickingly poor and fragmented the Andriod OS is and have bought a 2nd hand Iphone X 256 GB which sot about the same is about a million times better.  I will be selling my S10e wow that was great it lasted   4 weeks well done Samsung.

Highlighted
Explorer

Am i missing something here, for all those people writing about scratches after a couple of days etc. read every second comment here, the phones, including the S10e come with a screen protector film.

I had the same issue and was nervous about peeling at the corner of the screen but there is a screen protector on the S10e.

It is a film one and is very easily scratched. Examine a corner of your screen very carefully and you will see and feel it.

I ordered a full glue tempered glass protector from Amazon for my 10e and then replaced the samsung film one with this.

The beauty of the 10e is with having a flat screen and no curves, the protector went on perfectly, not a bubble to be seen.

Highlighted
Helping Hand

@StellarTraveler wrote:

@StellarTraveler wrote:

@Rosemalen43 wrote:

I'm offering this advice very carefully! However. I also bought an S10e about 6 weeks ago (September 2019).

Scratches started appearing immediately in exactly the same way as the original poster described. I am usually very careful with my devices. Previously I had a budget ZTE Axon7 which was barely scratched after two years of use.

Like everyone else, I also read that the S10e didn't come out of the box with a protective screen (unlike the S10). But on closer inspection, today, I noticed a small bubble at one edge and took the plunge. After careful inspection, there was a protective screen and it did peel off.

My advice is, look carefully. You can see a slight ridge of the protective cover very close to the bezel around the front of the device. And once you lift one corner, it should peel off very easily.

Needless to say I am going to buy a decent screen protector and case right now. 

whitestone dome glass is highly recommended and not plastic. https://www.whitestonedome.com/?sscid=b1k3_7ehof&

Had mine since August and zero micro scratch due to proper care and handling.

im still good with proper caring

Top Liked Authors