Support

Open search

S10e screen shows scratches within 2 weeks of careful usage..

Observer

I'm offering this advice very carefully! However. I also bought an S10e about 6 weeks ago (September 2019).

Scratches started appearing immediately in exactly the same way as the original poster described. I am usually very careful with my devices. Previously I had a budget ZTE Axon7 which was barely scratched after two years of use.

Like everyone else, I also read that the S10e didn't come out of the box with a protective screen (unlike the S10). But on closer inspection, today, I noticed a small bubble at one edge and took the plunge. After careful inspection, there was a protective screen and it did peel off.

My advice is, look carefully. You can see a slight ridge of the protective cover very close to the bezel around the front of the device. And once you lift one corner, it should peel off very easily.

Needless to say I am going to buy a decent screen protector and case right now. 

Helping Hand

@Rosemalen43 wrote:

I'm offering this advice very carefully! However. I also bought an S10e about 6 weeks ago (September 2019).

Scratches started appearing immediately in exactly the same way as the original poster described. I am usually very careful with my devices. Previously I had a budget ZTE Axon7 which was barely scratched after two years of use.

Like everyone else, I also read that the S10e didn't come out of the box with a protective screen (unlike the S10). But on closer inspection, today, I noticed a small bubble at one edge and took the plunge. After careful inspection, there was a protective screen and it did peel off.

My advice is, look carefully. You can see a slight ridge of the protective cover very close to the bezel around the front of the device. And once you lift one corner, it should peel off very easily.

Needless to say I am going to buy a decent screen protector and case right now. 

whitestone dome glass is highly recommended and not plastic. https://www.whitestonedome.com/?sscid=b1k3_7ehof&

First Poster
Very strange, the S10 and all its various models are fitted with the latest gorilla glass which is usually amazingly scratch resistant. I can't understand what could have scratched your screen, do you carry sharp diamonds in your pocket? Lol
Highlighted
First Poster

well, I feel kind of silly. I wasn't aware that Samsung applied a plastic screen protector to their new phones until I did some reading here, and they did such a good job of applying said protector that I didn't think my phone had one installed. I actully lifted the corner a little to verify that it really was on there..

so what I assumed was a "soft" screen was really the screen protector that was getting easily scratched. 

Helping Hand

@grondolin wrote:

well, I feel kind of silly. I wasn't aware that Samsung applied a plastic screen protector to their new phones until I did some reading here, and they did such a good job of applying said protector that I didn't think my phone had one installed. I actully lifted the corner a little to verify that it really was on there..

so what I assumed was a "soft" screen was really the screen protector that was getting easily scratched. 

if scratches on plastic as you've seen then your safe. Many assume glass is scratched but the plastic does and will scratch and keep glass safe.

To your point I've had my S10 for a little over a fortnight and it only had a back protector not a screen protector so maybe it's the factory's fault for not including a protector.

First Poster

YES!  I was just complaining about this. My s8 was perfect screen almost 3 years but my s10 is covered in time scratches sheet a free months. It's really snowing. The glass screen protector I bought pretty much disabled the fingerprint sensor even though it said it wouldn't do I'm not wasting money in another one. Really frustrating.

Observer

I am extremely disappointed.  This is my 4th Galaxy and I never had this problem before.  I had my 6+ for years and the screen is still about perfect.  My 10+ screen is already nicked and scratched after two months.  Given my past experience and to my regret,  I didn't bother with a screen protector.  So what's up with the new screen?  Samsung moving backwards!

Observer

Wow... only after posting did I read about the plastic factory cover and sure enough... it's on my phone.  Such a relief!  But we really should move that information to the front of this string.  

First Poster

*laugh* Well...*****. Yep, it's on mine as well. Yes this would have been nice to know. I honestly couldn't even see that it was on there.

One of the links since it wasn't posted is here.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Built-in-screen-protector-S10/td-p/464899/page/2

Top Liked Authors