Support

Open search

S10e screen shows scratches within 2 weeks of careful usage..

First Poster

My wife has experienced the same problems. She even has a Samsung LED view cover. But the coating has worn within a few weeks. It isn't a scratch but a wear patch about 5mm wide and 20mm long. Never had any problems with S6 S8 Any suggestions?

Apprentice

My S10e did come with a screen protector already fitted. I have bought a tempered glass fully glued protector. I did struggle at first to remove the already attached cover as I was not sure if it had one fitted as standard but took the plunge and it did come off easily enough. Did panic at first trying to remove it as so many posts state the 10e does not come with protector. I am in UK in case it is a regional thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/b5086b/s10e_screen_protector_preins...

First Poster

Yes. I also happened. My current phone is S10+. I was putting in my pant's pocket carefully everytime and never drop to the ground. And then saw scratch on my phone.  And then go to shop and ask. They said too deep. Wew. Quality become  not good and not good. Phone price is not cheap. They should use good quality glass. Please upgrade your quality. 

First Poster

I have the same problem on my S10, the  phone came with a standard screen protector however it was really thin and didn't last even a couple of days before it got peeled off. Now I have deep smudgy scratch which happened while pulling out my phone from my pocket to enter my golf score and many minor long scratches and it's kind of irritating. I have no idea how how to fix this. 

Pls help 

Superuser I
Superuser I

You can't repair a scratch but instead hide it.

For example a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector uses adhesive all over so fills in scratches and even some cracks.

Alternatively you would need to have the display replaced which in my opinion wouldn't be covered under the warranty as its accidental damage @CPLaneelnair 

And or claim on any relevant insurance policy you may have.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

@chris646 wrote:

I tried filling the scratches by applying toothpaste and baking soda, but unfortunately I don't see any difference.

Why did you think using toothpaste or baking soda would fill the scratches, they are abrasives? If anything you're going to scratch the screen (at least the olephobic coating) more. If you're looking to fill the scratches you're best using a glass protector like the replier above suggested or use something like a quartz coating used on cars which dries to form a glass like barrier. I would use a toothpick to apply this and let it cure. 

I have the same issue. Bought the phone something like 3 weeks ago and have more marks than I ever had on my s7 after 3 years

@Milanl wrote:

I have the same issue. Bought the phone something like 3 weeks ago and have more marks than I ever had on my s7 after 3 years

how do scratches appear?

is it a defect?

no. user care.

First Poster

my wife and I both have the same experience.  I am very careful with my device, make sure it is not rubbing on anything hard, yet I am finding quite deep scratches on the screen.  My wife keeps hers in her purse. After taking a look it is covered in scratches!  Apparently the screen on these phones is very soft and easily scratches!  

Highlighted

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

You can't repair a scratch but instead hide it.

For example a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector uses adhesive all over so fills in scratches and even some cracks.

Alternatively you would need to have the display replaced which in my opinion wouldn't be covered under the warranty as its accidental damage @CPLaneelnair 

And or claim on any relevant insurance policy you may have.

ABSOLUTEY only cover. Any other rubbing or such removes oleophobic coating. USER care is the only awareness of handling is key.