Support

Open search

S10 plus getting hot

Apprentice

Temp graphScreenshot_20190513-152448_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20190512-182839_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20190512-105807_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg

Apprentice

I have a s10 Exynos using mine without a case and can confirm it does get warm. Coming from using a oneplus 6 and more recently a Huawei mate 20 pro this is not acceptable. Am not even playing games just twitter, fbook and ebay. I dare to think how hot this is going to be when I game on the phone. The reality is if the phone is heating up it tends to result in battery drain so not sure if this can be resolved via a software fix as it's not great. Am considering if I should return the s10 for the s10 plus but it seems the problem is also on the plus! 

First Poster

just to add to this too i am using a s10 plus (exynos) and at times in my pocket i can feel it getting hot.

But more recently i noticed while charging a small burning smell. looked at my phone and of course unplugged. it had gotten so warm it had managed to burn the case it was in. all round the edge and round the cable socket.

i have taken it back to store as it needs to be checked ( a month wait) however reading on here this doesnt seem to be a unique case.

Apprentice

@Ninja_tiger wrote:

just to add to this too i am using a s10 plus (exynos) and at times in my pocket i can feel it getting hot.

But more recently i noticed while charging a small burning smell. looked at my phone and of course unplugged. it had gotten so warm it had managed to burn the case it was in. all round the edge and round the cable socket.

i have taken it back to store as it needs to be checked ( a month wait) however reading on here this doesnt seem to be a unique case.

This is what I feared the most. I know that devices can get hot but if oneplus and Huawei can provide a less premium priced device without the heating issues it does become a concern. I have 14 days fortunately might just return it if the system does not settle down and this improves. 

I have the S10+ Ceramic black which i was charging over night as i usually do. then when i woke up despite the "fast charge" after a good 8 hours the device was at only 76% whilst it is usually fully charged by the time i wake up. But the device was also so hot that if i were to keep holding it in my hand i would have gotten burns, i am sure had i poured egg on the back of my phone today it would have made me breakfast and whilst making eggs with my phone sounds cool if it was a feature it sounds less cool when its not supposed to be that hot ever.

For those who wonder

-Fully updated OS

-Original charger

-no physical damage or or liquid damage on this device.

Hi

I have literally taken my s10+ out of the box half an hour ago and while setting up its abnormally hot can someone contact me about this?

First Poster

Mine does the exact same thing, that's the whole reason why I got on here

First Poster

mine does it while streaming netflix

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi, I'd talk about my case with specific information: model s10 plus exynox.

Configuration: normal level of bright, qhd+.

-Usual temperature without activity: 28-33 °c

-Usual temperature with low activity: 32-35 °c

-Camera use (some minutes different modes): 35 to 39 °c. If the activity is taking videos, more lilely 38-39 °c

-browsing internet, normal use but displaying many images. Or watching videos in youtube for  a time (30minutes or more): 35-38 °c

I dont find these values to be dangerous but still a bit uncomfotable and disappointing. Are they normal values? It's almost a new device. Thanls in advance!

Top Liked Authors