Support

Open search

S10 - google apps not updating and installing

Highlighted
Voyager

For the last week or so I have been having issues where apps are not updating or installing via Google Play Store.  The update\install downloads to anything from 35-100% and just stall.  I had 42 apps requiring update.

Apps are fine updated\installed via Samsung Store.

I have done all the troubleshooting suggested by both Samsung and Google.   Nothing worked.

In the end I did a factory reset.  After doing a restore of a backup all apps reinstalled and all updated correctly.  However some apps were missing and I'm still having issues when I try to install.  Again it will get to anything from 35-100% downloaded and then just stop.  Occasionally an app will eventually install a few hours later.

Anyone else seen this recently?

2 REPLIES 2
Navigator

Hi!

@blenky 

Hope you haven't got some massive apps there, please have a glimpse of how the apps are doing.

Please go to Google Play Store > menu > My apps & games > check if your apps are lined up there waiting for updates/install

Your Google Play Store is possibly crying for updating 42 apps, one update at a time on queue. 

Need to have a strong WiFi connection if needed, please. 

Restart the phone if needed to refresh the system.

Thanks ☺

Voyager

@lunaticore wrote:

Hi!

@blenky 

Hope you haven't got some massive apps there, please have a glimpse of how the apps are doing.

Please go to Google Play Store > menu > My apps & games > check if your apps are lined up there waiting for updates/install

Your Google Play Store is possibly crying for updating 42 apps, one update at a time on queue. 

Need to have a strong WiFi connection if needed, please. 

Restart the phone if needed to refresh the system.

Thanks ☺

As I mentioned I have done ALL the troubleshooting steps - ended up doing a factory reset.  There was only 42 as the number increased day by day.  Started at a few but grew as none were being updated.

Wifi is very good.

I only have standard apps and none are large.  At the moment I'm trying to install google home so I can control my google mini.  It downloads to exactly 74% every time and just halts there until I cancel.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Any other suggestions?

Top Liked Authors