Support

Open search

S10 ...good or bad ??

Voyager

Hi all , browsing through the threads on here I seem to be seeing nothing but problems with the S10 , is it that much of a bad phone or are there some on here that have had no issues .....

12 REPLIES 12
First Poster

Hi.

It's not a bad phone but the battery is very poor.

I'm not satisfied with the battery.

Other than that the phone is ok but not great.

I think I wouldn't buy it again

Explorer

I have the S10+ so can't really say about the battery life on S10. However, my experience with S10+ has been very positive. Fingerprint scanner needs a bit of practice to get used to but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Apprentice

I have the S10+ and I'm really happy with it.

Good battery life, amazing screen, smooth  software, great camera, beautiful design. I find it hard to find fault.

Only gripe is accidental screen touches due to the edge design but iI' sure I'll get used to it.

Troubleshooter

I have the S10 and i dont have the troubles that most are experiencing , IE WiFi Bluetooth ect all works fine with myself.

Only one i can point out and its no biggie is the Edge lighting in Whatsapp but sure this will be rectified at some point.

And before anyone says to install a third party app, No thanks can live without Edge lighting.

All in all good phone, like all bits of software takes time to iron out flaws.

Superuser II
Superuser II

Hi, it is easy: people having issues are more motivated to write on a forum. Who doesn't have any issue has no reason to write here....

There are some whings not perfect, e.g.

• fingerprint reader is visible under sunlight
  • notch can be uncomfortable
  • fingerprint isn't as fast as on previous models

Some issues are only that people din't get used to. I was afraid from the notch but I realized that it is no problem. But I experienced unexpectable issue with border touches, I hold the phone by that way that my palm enters messages to Facebook accidentally :\ 

Sometimes everything is OK but people had too big expectaions, e.g. camera or fingerprint speed and quality.

If you're about buying the phone, go to a store, take if in your palm, try using it and then make a decision. It is a good phone but no device is perfect. 

I havent read about sommon issues yet.

First Poster

I upgraded from an S8+.. I wasn't blown away or anything. I didn't take it out the box and have my jaw drop. I wasn't expecting that either. The S10+ is pretty much my old phone, but on steroids. Better screen, better storage, better battery, better RAM.. Better everything. You can't fault the hardware, people seem to be having issues with the software though. It's not even been a month yet, it still needs time to get optimised I'm guessing.

You really think a couple of hundred people posting about an issue out of the millions of people who actually bought the phone makes it bad? Come on man. Don't be silly.

Explorer

People who are happy with s10 series dont usually post that they are. Forums usually only have problems that have arisen.

I have an s10+, its a good phone, i changed from a note 9 to s10+. Also got the active watch. Very happy minus the fact there is no BP monitor app in the UK yet.

Highlighted
Explorer

Perfectly happy with my S8 to S10 upgrade and free Buds. Only thing I miss at the moment is the led light notification but that will come. 

Explorer

@jamieholt wrote:

I upgraded from an S8+.. I wasn't blown away or anything. I didn't take it out the box and have my jaw drop. I wasn't expecting that either. The S10+ is pretty much my old phone, but on steroids. Better screen, better storage, better battery, better RAM.. Better everything. You can't fault the hardware, people seem to be having issues with the software though. It's not even been a month yet, it still needs time to get optimised I'm guessing.

You really think a couple of hundred people posting about an issue out of the millions of people who actually bought the phone makes it bad? Come on man. Don't be silly.

This summarises my experience 100%... nice comment Jamie.  

I also upgraded from S8+ to S10+.   I questioned whether it was a worthwhile trade... and it definitely was.  However I did enjoy my S8+ for two years... the s10+ just does everything that bit better.    

Smiley 😃

Top Liked Authors