Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ dead/black pixels

(Topic created on: 12-12-2019 02:20 PM)
Brhys2795
Apprentice
Options

Hello Everyone,

Making this incase there's something I can do. My device has recently developed a "tictac" shape on the display that is just black and no longer displays anything. There isn't any damage to the display itself and the water damage indicator is white. I've tried safe mode, factory resets, hard reboots and the problem persists.

I've attached a photo to show what I am talking about. Is there anything else I can try before I take it into my local Samsung walk-in centre at the weekend?

S10_dead_pixels.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
With how sketchy/finicky/shoddy the warranties are these days and how companies love any opportunity to revoke it and wash their hands of any responsibility.

I would suggest not doing anything and go to local Samsung store/repair asap. Im sure that they will honor the damage if everything you wrote is correct.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Brhys2795
Apprentice
Options

I should note that touch "appears" to work but I do have fat fingers so could just be catching it out of the space where the dead pixels are. S10_touchtest.JPG

0 Likes
Solution
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
With how sketchy/finicky/shoddy the warranties are these days and how companies love any opportunity to revoke it and wash their hands of any responsibility.

I would suggest not doing anything and go to local Samsung store/repair asap. Im sure that they will honor the damage if everything you wrote is correct.
0 Likes
Brhys2795
Apprentice
Options
Venom7000. Yeah didn't want to do anything that required me to tinker with the device. I'll take your advise and just leave it. Thanks for the reply! :smiling-face:
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
hope all goes well. The general rule of dead pixels is like certain number of them have to die to warrant a free repair. But if the device is brand new and given the amount dead on yours.. .you are very likely to be compensated.
0 Likes