Support

Open search

S10 and Dolby Atmos on headphones

Apprentice

I have tried Dolby Atmos with 5 or 6 different headphones and earphones, but I was not able to hear the slightest difference. I tried all the options with no luck. I turned it on from Notification panel, then I checked the options in the "sound" part of the settings. I was able to hear the differences when using the speakers though. it's just that I don't hear a difference when on headphones.

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe Atmos is not supposed to work with headphones?

8 REPLIES 8
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Voodooman 

I use the Samsung Music App on my Note 9 and I can certainly hear the difference when using my Bose Bluetooth Headphones or Samsung Galaxy Buds.

In the Samsung Music App there is....

Screenshot_20190508-053524_Samsung Music.jpg

Screenshot_20190508-053536_SoundAlive.jpg

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 9 Model: SM-N960 Dual Hybrid 512Gb_ Samsung One Ui / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice
My Atmos screen is completely different than yours, I do not have those knobs.
Superuser I
Superuser I

Are you using the Samsung Music App ?

If so launch the app.

Tap the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner.

Sound Quality and Effects.

To note I'm in the UK using a Note 9 with the Samsung One Ui  / Pie update.

Current Phone ~

Apprentice

I don't, but I installed it to check. I followed your steps and I got back to my S10's sound settings, which are different than yours.

I haven't tried the bundled earphones, when I get back home I'll try them, but I haven't noticed any sound improvement with my other headsets.

Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok @Voodooman 

I certainly can detect good bass on my Bose Bluetooth Headphones when adjusting the settings as you can see in my attachments.

Current Phone ~

Apprentice
You currently only get Atmos effect on the S10 phones. See this post:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10/Sound-Effects-concert-hall-equalizer-wheels-...

Apprentice

That's my problem, I have a S10 and I cannot hear the difference between Atmos On and Off.

Apprentice
I can tell the difference whether it's in my car or earphones. But I think to really appreciate it you need good speakers, a proper surround setup (hi-fi).