Support

Open search

S10 and Dolby Atmos on headphones

Highlighted
Explorer

I have tried Dolby Atmos with 5 or 6 different headphones and earphones, but I was not able to hear the slightest difference. I tried all the options with no luck. I turned it on from Notification panel, then I checked the options in the "sound" part of the settings. I was able to hear the differences when using the speakers though. it's just that I don't hear a difference when on headphones.

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe Atmos is not supposed to work with headphones?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Voodooman 

I use the Samsung Music App on my Note 9 and I can certainly hear the difference when using my Bose Bluetooth Headphones or Samsung Galaxy Buds.

In the Samsung Music App there is....

Screenshot_20190508-053524_Samsung Music.jpg

Screenshot_20190508-053536_SoundAlive.jpg

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer
My Atmos screen is completely different than yours, I do not have those knobs.
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Are you using the Samsung Music App ?

If so launch the app.

Tap the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner.

Sound Quality and Effects.

To note I'm in the UK using a Note 9 with the Samsung One Ui  / Pie update.

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
Explorer

I don't, but I installed it to check. I followed your steps and I got back to my S10's sound settings, which are different than yours.

I haven't tried the bundled earphones, when I get back home I'll try them, but I haven't noticed any sound improvement with my other headsets.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Ok @Voodooman 

I certainly can detect good bass on my Bose Bluetooth Headphones when adjusting the settings as you can see in my attachments.

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
Apprentice
You currently only get Atmos effect on the S10 phones. See this post:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10/Sound-Effects-concert-hall-equalizer-wheels-...

Explorer

That's my problem, I have a S10 and I cannot hear the difference between Atmos On and Off.

Highlighted
Apprentice
I can tell the difference whether it's in my car or earphones. But I think to really appreciate it you need good speakers, a proper surround setup (hi-fi).
Highlighted

The difference is really subtle deepending on the genre of music you're listening to.

In my experience it primarely extends the dynamic range of the music (quieter moments and then louder moments) and it kind of stretches the stereo effect.

The difference is best heard with movies when using good headphones. I watched "Altered Carbon" on Netflix with my Bose QC35 II's and was blown away by the Atmos mix.
But I guess that's mainly because the series is mixed in Dolby Atmos and music is mixed as stereo.

I know it's a super late reply, but I do hope it helped  

Top Liked Authors