Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10+ Slow and Stuttering after One UI 2.0

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 08:15 AM)
jamieholt
Apprentice
Options

As the title says. Ever since I downloaded the update, my phone has been stuttering, lagging, freezing and just all round sluggish. It was almost seamless prior. I've noticed the RAM consumption is higher now too, and I can't really recover any when optimising. Anyone else experiencing this?

14 REPLIES 14
Solution
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@jamieholt wrote:

As the title says. Ever since I downloaded the update, my phone has been stuttering, lagging, freezing and just all round sluggish. It was almost seamless prior. I've noticed the RAM consumption is higher now too, and I can't really recover any when optimising. Anyone else experiencing this?

Not yet, still waiting for the update for my S9. Try to wipe the cache partition, might help.

marcuzi
Student
Options

SOLVED BY WIPING CACHE exact same experience. Tried removing accounts,profiles ,apps  etc... Can't believe the S10 RAM and hardware is being maxed out like this, may need to move away from Samsung UI or just get a new phone from a diff company... 

Can't deal with stuttering and lagging, like at all. Need a business ready phone not an experiment.

Even keyboards are choppy, dark themes are puking friggin nightmare.

Thoughts?

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@marcuzi wrote:

Same device, exact same experience. Tried removing accounts,profiles ,apps  etc... Can't believe the S10 RAM and hardware is being maxed out like this, may need to move away from Samsung UI or just get a new phone from a diff company... 

Can't deal with stuttering and lagging, like at all. Need a business ready phone not an experiment.

Thoughts?

Well, @jamieholt marked my suggestion to wipe the cache partition as solution. Perhaps that's because it worked ? You could try it.

jamieholt
Apprentice
Options

@marcuzi wrote:

Same device, exact same experience. Tried removing accounts,profiles ,apps  etc... Can't believe the S10 RAM and hardware is being maxed out like this, may need to move away from Samsung UI or just get a new phone from a diff company... 

Thoughts?

Yeah @IreibeX was right. I feel silly because it's such an obvious answer. But wiping the cache solved all my problems.. Hope it works for you too 👍🏼

0 Likes
marcuzi
Student
Options
Ugh... Yap that worked! So easy, why wouldn't they tell you this right off the bat? Anywho, thanks!
S10_camera
Student
Options
Same slow experience with upgrade also facing camera app issues the images are been darkened specially around black object despite.light around
0 Likes
swapnilaswale
Apprentice
Options

I am using galacy s9 and updated my handset 2 days ago and observed exactly same issues.

@samsung you guys sucks at delivering updates as each of your update had made our life difficult and miserable.

Few things are common and which is going to be downfall for u are battery and handset slowness due to your hopeless updates.

I have been using samsung handsets since 12 years and now this is going to be my last handset as it has always been disappointment.

0 Likes
xmanchai
Apprentice
Options

Same probelm herr with S9 after recent upgrade to One UI2. Everything is so lag. Camera so slow even when  switching beteen photo and video mode. Lots of app hates. It feels like using a ohone from 6 years ago. 

This is the 1st time i feel so disappointed at Samsung. Fix it ASAP or let us downgrade back to previous firmware. 

swapnilaswale
Apprentice
Options

How come you have accepted the solution when its not working at all. Is Samsung marking issues solved by themselves?

@samsung You guys have been doing pathetic job.

Please fix issue with this hopeless update as soon as possible.

0 Likes